Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

While I don't for one minute imagine loyalty would even enter DB's head, I don't somehow see him being swayed by the glitz and glamour of QPR. That, no matter how its wrapped up, is a backward step, irrelevant of how shite we are this season.

QPR easily have the money

But they do not like spending it bickster.

I think Zamora would be more likely for them at half the price we would want for Bent. But, I suspect an offer that is near to what we have paid rather than the maximum we might have needed to pay (say £18m) might just tempt Randy to look to get his money back again.

it looks like he isnt trying in most games, i wouldnt if all that i saw was the ball 35 foot in the air and 2 defenders around me 9 out of 10 'passes' to me.

I don't give a **** if the ball is 100ft above him he should still try his hardest. I don't see his fellow forward Gabby suffering from this Billy big bollocks attitude of if its not put on a plate for me I ain't trying.

He could learn a lot from Gabby in terms of work rate and attitude and getting yourself involved in games. It was inevitable he wouldn't be getting as many chances be that due to the manager or the loss of Downing and Ash. He needs to get his head down and give his all for the team and stop thinking of number one. Lets not forget has missed a few good chances this season as well by the way.

i understand what you are saying but you have to look at each player individually, gabby is all about the energy, not the finishing, if you wanted 1 player at the club to be in a 1 on 1 with the keeper in a cup final who would it be?

it wouldnt be gabby, it would be bent ( i presume as he is by far our best finisher).

you wouldnt expect messi to go in on heavy 50 50 challenges with 2 6 foot 3 defenders every time and then claim he is not putting in a shift would you?

some players have obvious stronger [points, it is down to the manager to get a team playing to the players strongest points, otherwise you would just have 11 random people on the pitch running around none stop for 45 minutes each half.

thats no good to anyone.

bent is not an energy player like gabby who will run and run all the time, chase down lost causes and so on, he saves his energy for clever movement, his concentration is more on anticipating where the ball may come, how to lose a player and so on.

getting players to go for every ball all the time results in players such as albrighton giving away foolish fre kicks time after time, he is an energy player but because he is still learning, he hasnt worked out that he doesnt need to try and chase, tackle, jump.. for everything.

the best players use a mix of physical and mental skills, it is what makes them better than someone who just looks up into the sky and jumps for 9 out of 10 35 foot high hooofs and then when the couple chances do come your way in a game, your too knackered to put them away.

a prime example... emile heskey

it is all down to who we have on the pitch and what their strengths are.

you also wouldnt put barry bannan in goal and as long as he tried for every ball it doesnt matter he let 8 in each game.

this is why i can understand bent not being willing or percieved to not be willing to chase every hoof, to jump for every hooof and so on.

I can see lots of reasons why Darren Bent would want to leave right now.

Me too. Just not to QPR.

More ££££ and moving back to London?

Bent is on a phat wedge here, i doubt hed get more at QPR. Plus, London is a dump and Bent isnt from London anyway hes from Cambridge. Cambridge aint that far from Birmingham...

I can only assume you've never been to London? Perhaps I'm slightly biased as I live here but London on the whole especially for a man on £70k a week is far from a dump.

Ive worked all over London plenty of times. Its the pits.

For the record I don't think Bent will leave because no one will come up with the money . There isn't the money around to pay 25 mill unless your top 3 and none of them will buy him or need him .

QPR easily have the money

Apparently Hughes only has 30m (only :lol: ) to spend and i cant see him spending the lot on one player.

I can see lots of reasons why Darren Bent would want to leave right now.

Me too. Just not to QPR.

More ££££ and moving back to London?

Bent is on a phat wedge here, i doubt hed get more at QPR. Plus, London is a dump and Bent isnt from London anyway hes from Cambridge. Cambridge aint that far from Birmingham...

I can only assume you've never been to London? Perhaps I'm slightly biased as I live here but London on the whole especially for a man on £70k a week is far from a dump.

Ive worked all over London plenty of times. Its the pits.

Key word here is worked .....

I live in London and its quality ... on 70k per week it would be better than quality ....

I see that Carroll's agent has denied rumours of him wanting to leave. Also, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has said on his Twitter today: "Just to confirm, any rumours about me wanting to leave are completely false, couldn't be happier at Arsenal."

It is not hard for footballers to say they want to stay.....if they do.

Can't see RL selling him for anyhting less than 30M... Never gonna happen, Bent is going nowhere. and everyone saying 'sell him' are utter fools, everyone who supports Villa knows that he is an out and out goalscorer, you need to feed him, like the Yak.. i would put in a bid for Morten gamst pedersen he has got great a great cross on him, finds Yaks everytime. quality player. It would be suicide to sell him. he will come good he just needs service.Everyone in the Premier League knows Bent is a goalscorer.

Whether life in London seems to be shit or otherwise to Villatalk posters is hardly the point.

To a footballer it is going to be pretty much paradise with all the celebrity culture, clubbing, etc., happening all around you. I'm afraid Bham just can't compete (anyway, does Bent actually live in Bham?)

Exactly... there is a huge anti Villa bias in the media

no, there isnt

stop being such a scouser

All opinions mate and like it or not that's mine.

Like it or not there is huge bias towards certain clubs and individuals. The love in with MON being a great example.

Your hatred of MoN and failure to understand why the media like him doesn't mean the media are against villa.

As for bent, like others have said its easy to come out and make it clear you have no interest in leaving. I have no doubt that bent would go and we would sell for the right money.

Every game his position in the England squad drops. You've got wellbeck and Sturridge scoring goals ans playing well for two of the biggest teams in the country and even Defoe is starting to look better.

I'd be gutted to lose him. Firstly i wouldn't be confident that randy would reinvest the money and secondly if he did I doubt Mcleish would spend it wisely.

Every game his position in the England squad drops. You've got wellbeck and Sturridge scoring goals ans playing well for two of the biggest teams in the country and even Defoe is starting to look better.

And where better to help his England chances than QPR

He needs to be playing well and scoring goals.

A fresh start at a team with a new good manager, positive attitude and some money to spend could see that happen.

Staying at a team where he barely touches the ball isn't helping him keep his spot that's for sure.

Â