Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

They didn't want to sell Downing either. But he was sold anyway.

Difference is though, Downing put a transfer request in. Bent has not.

The club didn't want to sell Downing. Downing put in a transfer request. He was sold.

The board will do it again if Bent puts in a transfer request. There's still time yet.

It's also funny how they don't want to sell players, but they want to reduce the wage bill dramatically and refuse to put all the money they back to the team. How does that work? If they didn't want to sell Young, Downing etc how would they cope finanically with all these restrictions? Nah, I think greed will get the better of them. It always does.

Exactly, I know they wanted to sell him. But it's the fact they're making out they didn't want to sell him. Just like Bent right now.

I have no idea why Randy can't be straight with us and say he's been affected financially. We've got people like Faulkner still trying to feed us BS stories about how our aim is the European spot. No it isn't. We're not fools. We've followed the game more than those bunch of frauds and it's bleeding obvious we're settling for survival in the PL so Randy can pick up his Sky cheques every season.

Good to see Albrighton come out and state he "hopes" Bent stays this month. Confidence flowing out of VP. Surely they've all been told he is staying, even by the player himself. Although it's interesting that the player has not really come out and confirmed anything yet.

Still think he's off to be honest.

Just waiting for a big £20m bid from QPR when Hughes gets the job.

Another largely annonymous display on Saturday, making me even less bothered if he left - especially at the silly price someones likely to pay.

A number of balls whipped into the front post where nobody anticipated it - surely his job to be there? Although he did whip 1 across himself.

Not playing well at all - drop or get rid!

Playing poorly is entirely acceptable for any footballer, Rooney goes through long spells of not scoring and playing poorly. However, the lack of effort on display is a little concerning. If he's going to play badly, he could atleast harass the keeper or something.

I'm not so sure he is lacking effort. He's always been the type of player that will often goal-hang and wait for the chance to come along. Right now we just don't seem to be giving him the service.

We are creating chances for him, he's just not putting them away.

I just don't think we're anywhere near good enough to carry a player who spends most of the game goal hanging whilst also failing to get on the end of more than 1 or 2 crosses.

I dont think it's any coincidence that our form picked up when he dropped out of the team through injury.

One other point.

Last weekend, the Swansea keeper absolutely took the p*ss with time wasting and playing the ball around the back 4. Bent showed no effort to stop this and it was often down to Gabby to go and chase the ball down. The same player who spent most of the afternoon running up and down the wing to cover for Warnock's inabilities.

I have no idea why Randy can't be straight with us and say he's been affected financially. We've got people like Faulkner still trying to feed us BS stories about how our aim is the European spot. No it isn't. We're not fools. We've followed the game more than those bunch of frauds and it's bleeding obvious we're settling for survival in the PL so Randy can pick up his Sky cheques every season.

I often go out on a saturday night with the 'aim' of pulling a supermodel, however, my budget and looks often prevent that from occuring in reality. The point being my ambition is still there but it's perhaps a little unrealistic. As far as Lerner is concerned I'm sure his ambition is still to finish in the European spots but what is becomming apparent is that is no longer as realistic an aim as it was 2 seasons ago.

QPR WONT be able to afford the 20m we will be looking for

Don't they have an owner who is richer than the Man City owner?

Nope. Tony Fernandes the majority shareholder is worth about £300m I believe.

Hasn't Mittal still got 33 percent though?

Yeah the Vice-Chairman is the son-in-law of Lakshmi Mittal or something like that and they are interested in the club again now that Briatore has left.

I would not be surprised if they came in for Bent this month and we sold him just in time to do **** all with the proceeds.

Strongly linked with QPR this morning. :(

Not sure I call anything I have seen 'strong'. Its all about the backing Hughes allegedly wants before taking the QPR job which Bent's name has been dragged into.

Â