Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I can see lots of reasons why Darren Bent would want to leave right now.

Me too. Just not to QPR.

More ££££ and moving back to London?

Bent is on a phat wedge here, i doubt hed get more at QPR. Plus, London is a dump and Bent isnt from London anyway hes from Cambridge. Cambridge aint that far from Birmingham...

We are going no where for quite sometime. Hughes will have been promised money to spend in January and the summer. He resigned from Fulham apparently over broken promises and would do it again at QPR if they didn't hold their end of the bargain.

If QPR intend on making a big statement they would increase his wage even by £5k. He'd still get thousands from a signing on fee + bonuses.

The problem with selling Bent for me is

1) I can't for the life of me think we could attract a player in the £15mil to £20mil price range now ..unless we are grossly over paying

2)The wage bill is our issue we are told , well say we sold him for £30mil wages wise even if he is on say £80k a week you would struggle to get 2 players in with that as your weekly budget between them.Unless you use the fee as part of the wages ...

I doubt he will go myself ..

By the way, "selling club"? Are Villa any more of a selling club than Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs? They've all sold just as much talent (and for just as much money) over the past few years. The media tends not to dwell on this, for whatever reason.

Aston Villa successfully sold a midfield quartet of Barry, Young, Downing and Milner in three successive summer windows. Selling your best players in three years would suggest selling. That none of them have been replaced says something as well. Have Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs done anything like that?

Plus, London is a dump and Bent isnt from London anyway hes from Cambridge. Cambridge aint that far from Birmingham...

In the way footballers think, London is not a dump; its got the best shops and watering holes in the country, so its bound to be attractive. Bent won’t be hanging out in Shepherd’s Bush

By the way, "selling club"? Are Villa any more of a selling club than Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs? They've all sold just as much talent (and for just as much money) over the past few years. The media tends not to dwell on this, for whatever reason.

Aston Villa successfully sold a midfield quartet of Barry, Young, Downing and Milner in three successive summer windows. Selling your best players in three years would suggest selling. That none of them have been replaced says something as well. Have Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs done anything like that?

Spurs and Liverpool have replaced players they sold quite well ,Arsenal you could argue have not done much better than us.Nasri , Fabragas ,Henry ,Adebayor ..none of them really replaced that well

I would expect a bid for Bent.

QPR cant score goals, QPR have a shitload of wedge, Villa are a selling club, Bent has spent most of his career in London, we have just signed Keane, McLeish cant get the best out of Bent, Lerner is a word removed

A bid for Bent would seem logical if you were Mark Hughes

I look at it differently....

Villa need to reduce the wage bill. Darren Bents doing very little to justify his huge wage and price tag. He can't adapt his game to fit the style of the most important man at the club. He cant seem to play with Gabby who on this seasons form, is better. QPR are no doubt daft enough to pay 20m plus. We seem to play better without him.

Selling Bent would seem logical if you were Randy Lerner

He should not have to adapt his game, he is a goalscorer. We just dont create any chances. He can play with Gabby its just that McLeish insists on playing Bent in a lone role with someone behind him and often shoves Gabby on the wing where he is useless. Bent and Gabby need to play as a front 2, its McLeish that needs to adapt.

Downing was Barry's replacement indirectly as it allowed Milner to move to the centre. N'Zogbia is Downing's replacement. Ireland was supposed to be Milner's replacement but we still lack a box to box midfielder to replace him and probably someone to replace Young's assists.

If Bent is sold then it is just another major slap in the face of every fan. Not because he shouldnt be sold but because they have been so adamant that he isnt going to be sold. Even to go as far as Big Eck talking about the jokes he makes with Bent in the dressing room. I mean no one wants to hear that do they.

The papers are just throwing Bent's name out there. He was going to Liverpool last week.

Nonsense. When it comes to football "rumours" The Guardian and Telegraph are usually spot on. They don't print random bollocks with no substance like The Mirror, Daily Star or The Sun.

There were some stats on here a while ago comparing how true each paper's rumours were. The broadsheets performed slightly better than the tabloids IIRC but were still wrong most of the time.

Can anyone link me to the stats?

I think it may have been these

i also dont see whats changed, QPR a team who keep on having chairmen with tons of cash but never seem to spend it have hired a manager who is no doubt savvy in the transfer market or some other bollocks (his record IMO says otherwise) and now darren bent is already packed and on his way

same old media 2+2 = whatever the **** they like

Â