Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Ppl who slag off Bent were and are demented. Ive consistently said that.

Yes he doesnt create much of his own goals and is prone to missing a sitter every while but he is like Andy Cole . A no nonsense good finisher and gets into right positions from his own movement to score all the time but dont expect much else . He is instinctive - something that cant be taught. Unfortunately we flogged his normal service in Ashley Young and Downing last summer ..but hes still scoring even under this manager.

Hes done it his whole career in Prem and at less fashionable clubs than ourselves - feed him and he will score goals- it is as simple as that.

Liverpool spending £30 million on Andy Carrol was always and still is hilarious.

The people around me in the upper holte slate him for not fully jumping for headers, failing to see that if he wins the header there is absolutely no one round him to head it to...

Agree that he played well today, dropped deep and got things going had one great run down the left wing and had 2 chances in behind iirc one was a bad pass from keane so it got snuffed out the other in injury time it looked like he got fouled by the last man

So people slag off McLeish saying he has nullified Bent, but his scoring record this season is more or less the same as the rest of his career. How does that make sense?

Whatis this 'sense' you speak of?

Apart from an anonymous Bristol Rovers performance, I think Bent's looking much better generally in the games, yesterday he won a fair bit in the air and his movement outside the box was much better.

Great chance from the South Bank aswell of "You should've gone out shopping" when he went down injured aswell that got most of our block applauding!

Think Bent is starting to look quite sharp again now. Gotta say, I'm impressed with our strike force on paper right now. Keane, Bent, Agbonlahor, Wiemann, Delfouneso and Hopeless. Good mixed of experience and youth. Is there a better strike force in the premier league outside the top 5? On paper. So that includes Liverpool too. Should be scoring more, but thats not just the strikers fault. 2 England internationals, an Irish striking legend, two under 21 internationals and a retired England international lump.

It wasn't so long ago a few wanted him sold just because he wasn't running all over the pitch like Heskey.

He has been awful this season. It's testament to his god given ability to find the back of the net that he still has a decent scoring record because other than that he's been **** useless.

I'm a fan for what it's worth. It's too easy to blame it all on tactics, he's been a shadow of the player we had last season. Looking better these last few games, movement is back and he's finding his confidence but make no mistake, the criticism is valid.

Give us a wave Woody. :lol:

Still waiting for my waves for the shite he dished up against Swansea and Bristol Rovers.........

but as Ive always said, if he scores, Il happily wave. :wave: He did excellent with the pen!!

Now that he appears to be doing what hes paid to do - will you be offering some support to Mcliesh wo you have always blamed for his lack of goals?

Still waiting for my waves for the shite he dished up against Swansea and Bristol Rovers.........

but as Ive always said, if he scores, Il happily wave. :wave: He did excellent with the pen!!

Now that he appears to be doing what hes paid to do - will you be offering some support to Mcliesh wo you have always blamed for his lack of goals?

Doesn't work like that. You wave to me when Bent does well. I'm not gonna wave to you if Bent doesn't do well because often that means we as a team have done poorly.

No, because I still don't rate McLeish nor do I think he is the man to take us forward.

I'd go as far to say that Bent's goals and good play is in spite of Mcleish, not because of him

I refuse to believe that such a negative manager has suddenly discovered how to get the best out of Bent

Doesn't work like that. You wave to me when Bent does well. I'm not gonna wave to you if Bent doesn't do well because often that means we as a team have done poorly.

No, because I still don't rate McLeish nor do I think he is the man to take us forward.

Ahhhh, as long as were both fair in our arguement then :D

I'd go as far to say that Bent's goals and good play is in spite of Mcleish, not because of him

I refuse to believe that such a negative manager has suddenly discovered how to get the best out of Bent

I think Bent being a bit more arsed has played the part tbh Richard.

The effort we saw for the pen was something weve very rarely seen and something that should not need certauin tactics.

Â