Alan Hutton

Rich_D

30 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Lol, effort is one thing Hutton can't be faulted for.

He hasn't just suddenly turned up his ability to win a contract extension. 

This. What a strange claim to make.

I have not been a Hutton fan......character yes, but football not so much.

....but I have to say the last 2 games, he has impressed me.

The overall needs to be a case of competition.....not like the past, where the team sheet picked itself.

He is part of a squad, where the inform players play.

Thats it for me.....Bree has plenty of time to develop, without too much pressure.

We don't know, what injuries/ knocks they are carrying, what BMH work needs rewarding, how tired they are. etc,etc

Its the managers job to pick the right team with all the factors considered.....We have to trust his judgment.

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I've warmed to him lol, he shouldn't be allowed to cross a football but he isn't as horrendous as he used to be. And I wished all the team showed his effort.

Yeah he isn't as horrendous as he used to be...two weeks ago.:crylaugh:;)

Gets praise for being one of, if not the most hardworking player at the club. -  FACT

Gets praise for being good in the last 2 games - FACT

Even people praising him acknowledge that he is limited ability wise - FACT

A good character to have in and around the team, for morale, especially whilst we stabilise, blood new players and ethos - FACT

People are so quick to dramatically call "love/wankfests" for acknowledgment of players just because they don't like them, allergic to giving credit.

I'm going to start putting names to faces with some of you as I'm sure I see you on the Villa View after match interviews haha!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gets praise for being one of, if not the most hardworking player at the club. -  FACT

Gets praise for being good in the last 2 games - FACT

Even people praising him acknowledge that he is limited ability wise - FACT

A good character to have in and around the team, for morale, especially whilst we stabilise, blood new players and ethos - FACT

People are so quick to dramatically call "love/wankfests" for acknowledgment of players just because they don't like them, allergic to giving credit.

I'm going to start putting names to faces with some of you as I'm sure I see you on the Villa View after match interviews haha!

Coat back on the hook.

You are right. It is a generally negative opinion on the guy (I'm normally an optimist on all things Villa) and it is based not on recent performances but his whole existence at the club since day one. The guy is unlucky that Mcleish brought him in, he is tainted by that manager. He is also unlucky that Randy pulled the plug about the same time he turned up. Then during the course of his Villa career, as part of the bomb squad or not, Villa have gone south, fast. Hutton has always been a '6' out of 10. He completes about 6 out of 10 passes. His relationship with Villa on the whole has been one to forget and he does not possess the qualities necessary to help this team get promotion - he is effective in one quarter of the pitch. He is and has been our unlucky charm, and like the witch hunts of old, I have this unreasonable and unexplainable feeling that if we just stone him and throw him down a well, the football will get better.  

• Like 2

My main gripe about keeping him (as no one expects him to be the starting option) is that he's on a massive contract.

As far as I've seen he's on £30-35 k/w, might be slightly less or more, but that is massive for any Championship player.

Especially for a very limited back up RB, even one who works hard.

We just can't keep spending money in such a frivolous way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

My main gripe about keeping him (as no one expects him to be the starting option) is that he's on a massive contract.

As far as I've seen he's on £30-35 k/w, might be slightly less or more, but that is massive for any Championship player.

Especially for a very limited back up RB, even one who works hard.

We just can't keep spending money in such a frivolous way.

Why wouldn't he start? James Bree is a realtivley unknow quantity at this level, and Richie DeLaet is awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Why wouldn't he start? James Bree is a realtivley unknow quantity at this level, and Richie DeLaet is awful.

Our transfer policy really is a joke if we managed to bring in 2 RB's this season who are both worse than Hutton.

Really hope/expect we won't go into next season with Hutton as our main RB.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Our transfer policy really is a joke if we managed to bring in 2 RB's this season who are both worse than Hutton.

Really hope/expect we won't go into next season with Hutton as our main RB.

Well one is 18 - 19 and i'm sure with the future in mind.

One has been out for the whole season and we don't know how he will come back.

It is not as crazy as it seems.

In fairness, If Hutton, a Right Back, is the undoing of a whole TEAM in the championship, then it would suggest Alan Hutton isn't the real problem.

Surely a goalkeeper, for example is more of a problem than the Right Back.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well one is 18 - 19 and i'm sure with the future in mind.

One has been out for the whole season and we don't know how he will come back.

It is not as crazy as it seems.

In fairness, If Hutton, a Right Back, is the undoing of a whole TEAM in the championship, then it would suggest Alan Hutton isn't the real problem.

No we have loads more issues.

Finances soon to become a major one.

Hence why I don't want us to have 3 (or 5 if you add Bacuna and Richards) RB's where 4 of them are on PL style wages.

Keep Hutton by all means, but then get rid of DeLaet, Bacuna and Richards.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Fine, I shall get me coat and depart this Hutton lovefest. I can't praise the guy for effort alone, it isn't enough. Yeah he works hard, you would at 32 with your contract running out. 

In this league, don't underestimate the power of that......if we had of had more of that this season, we would be much better placed now.

• Like 4

Â