Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Never thought I would be a bit sorry to see him go. It's not as if we are royally endowed with even half-competent RBs at the moment and despite his known flaws he did a job of sorts in that position..

However, buying him was a mistake - probably expensive - so let's hope he can keep his nose clean in Mallorca until the end of the season and convince them his long term future lies there.

Edited by briny_ear

Good luck to him - it ain't his fault he's shit. Hopefully he does a good job a few months, and they take him on.

IMO he isn't good enough. He is a walking card, and should have been sent off at least twice last season. Lowton will make mistakes too, but should learn and become a better player over the next 12 months. Plus he's a lot cheaper, which is the club we are now.

The money saved from this and Warnock won't go to any new signings. 

Some of it might go to Weimanns new contract (if he's willing to sign one), but thats it me thinks.

Same thing with any other players we might ship out. The £60.000 "saved" on wages if we ship out Bent or Ireland won't go to 2 new £30.000 players, more like one £20-25.000 player and nothing more

Edited by sne

I was about to ask if he'd gone as BBC appears not to have forgotten about him ( understandable of course ). But that picture has just re-assured me. Phew! Still all the best Alan, hope you can enjoy a career elsewhere.

I remember when Hutton made his debut for Tottenham against Man Utd, a game in where he looked absolutely stellar. A few years later and he just runs around decking people and getting stupid yellow cards, with no regard whatsoever for positioning. Wayne Gretzky never skated to where the puck had been, he anticipated where it was going to go next. Something Hutton should look into when it comes to football..

Â