Alan Hutton

Rich_D

GMac also alluted to the big problems in the changing room. Isn't Collins known to be heavy drinker or am I mistaken? There's also been some talk that Warnock haven't been exactly happy camper in Villa.

This is just pure speculation but those players might have formed a group of players who'd been bad examples for younger players in one way or another.

Makes you wonder if there was orders from above to break up certain cliques - those guys were not given a chance by Lambert from day 1.

It's a case of PL assessing his options at RB looking at Hutton who isn't going to improve and on high wages and deciding it best for us and him to call it quits.

End of the day I doubt we are asking that much for him in relative terms for an experianced internatinal RB and there seems to have been little if any interest ..same with Warnock there is a reason for that both are really not that good.When you consider the fee's and wages paid for them 2 and add Shorey,Beye and Young into the mix I bet the total sum is mighty scary ...

It's a case of PL assessing his options at RB looking at Hutton who isn't going to improve and on high wages and deciding it best for us and him to call it quits.

End of the day I doubt we are asking that much for him in relative terms for an experianced internatinal RB and there seems to have been little if any interest ..same with Warnock there is a reason for that both are really not that good.When you consider the fee's and wages paid for them 2 and add Shorey,Beye and Young into the mix I bet the total sum is mighty scary ...

Especially when Hutton was signed after we had supposedly learned from paying large sums for mediocre players and then giving them long lucrative contracts.

I think it is as much about the types of characters they are/were as it is their ability as players.

Collins got in a few scrapes after drinking.

Hutton once battered his old man outside a pub when drunk.

Warnock - he was given a chance in pre-season it ended at half time down the road from me at Forest. It was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a professional player in which the ball ran under his foot and out of play at least 3 times. That was the end of him.

As for those still around perhaps they have better attitudes than those who aren't, who knows. One thing to be aware of though, there are still people around this season like Cowans who have been around the last couple of years and Lambert strikes me as the sort who would listen to the views of a man like that.

its fair to say that its better to have experienced internationals in the team than inexperienced kids

however, in our case, lowton seems to be slightly better than hutton at the moment with even the potential to get better, but will probably never see the international stage unless he goes to a top 4, but maybe that will work for us as then he can concentrate on club level

ive tried t defend hutton and think maybe there was a saving grae for him here at the club, like going left back, or becoming another centre back, but i cant see any of that now, clearly the door is open for him, we just need to find a buyer

but would you buy a donkey if you had the chance to buy a stallion?

• 1 month later...

We may have to try use him if no-one wants that lump. Surely someone in that piss poor scottish league will wnat him?

If nobody wants him he'll have to rot in the reserves. It's sad, but he has nobody to blame for that but McLeish. Twice.

The second coming of Habib Beye. Marvellous.

If nobody wants him he'll have to rot in the reserves. It's sad, but he has nobody to blame for that but McLeish. Twice.

The second coming of Habib Beye. Marvellous.

amazing really we were told that mon was purely to blame for shit signings like beye, yet mon leaves and we still make shit signings like Makoun, given, Nzogbia, Hutton all wasting shitloads

Reading between the lines i think it's more a negotiating tactic by Forest to ensure they contribute as little as possible towards his wages if they extend his loan. They must be aware how desperate we are to get him off the books so as such they are in a stronger position than we are.

Â