Alan Hutton

Rich_D

We do need to have cover for Lowton in the squad no question about that but just consider this for a moment....

Matt Lowton cost us the same amount to buy as it cost us for 18 weeks of Alan Hutton's wages.

Now that is a sobering thought isn't.

So I will be very happy if Lambert can ship him out and find a replacement to act as cover in the squad.

• Like 2

we can't go into next season with only 1 right back.

Isnt Herd being kept for just that reason?

I'd forgotten all about that little head case :)

He is decent cover but would be good to have two real RB's.

If he wasn't on 50k/week I wouldn't mind him as cover for Lowton now that Lichaj is leaving to be honest. He's still terrible, but we can't go into next season with only 1 right back.

Where gas the 50k figure came from? When we signed him was he not on less than Luke Young had been on.

If he wasn't on 50k/week I wouldn't mind him as cover for Lowton now that Lichaj is leaving to be honest. He's still terrible, but we can't go into next season with only 1 right back.

Where gas the 50k figure came from? When we signed him was he not on less than Luke Young had been on.

Hutton is not on £50k a week as lp_villa says above... more likely closer to £20k - £25k a week which is still a lot for a shit player. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he came back as back up and was prepared to fight for his place.

I would still want a fee. He's not the worst player in our squad, he's worth something to someone. I don't see the point in getting rid for free just for the sake of getting rid.

So you'd be happy for him to sit on the sidelines costing us £40k a week?

No

Sell for fee > leave for free > stay here and not play

Stay here and not play =£4m for the club to spend on wages.

Leave for free = £0 for the club to spend on him.

Sell for a fee = Money coming in - great!

So you're right, the best thing would be to get a fee, but the important thing for me is that we don't end up in the position that costs us £4m. If we have to pay a million to someone to take him off our hands, we'll be £3m better off than we would be if we kept him.

I agree that he should go. There's no point in keeping any players on more than 20k p/w if they're only going to be warming the bench/ injury cover etc

My point was basically that he's still 'good' enough for a team to pay for him. I could see any of the promoted teams buying him, maybe a championship side or even a lower midtable side like Fulham/Stoke spending £500k-£1m on him.

I don't think we should let him go for free at the first time of asking, if there's a chance that a team could pay for him.

There are still teams around that value 'Premier League Experience', who have less risky managers than Lambert.

Also, he's definitely on lower wages than £50k! We brought him in when the cost cutting began. I would say he's on £30k p/w.

I agree that he should go. There's no point in keeping any players on more than 20k p/w if they're only going to be warming the bench/ injury cover etc

My point was basically that he's still 'good' enough for a team to pay for him. I could see any of the promoted teams buying him, maybe a championship side or even a lower midtable side like Fulham/Stoke spending £500k-£1m on him.

I don't think we should let him go for free at the first time of asking, if there's a chance that a team could pay for him.

There are still teams around that value 'Premier League Experience', who have less risky managers than Lambert.

Also, he's definitely on lower wages than £50k! We brought him in when the cost cutting began. I would say he's on £30k p/w.

Well, nobody knows really.

I mean I agree with your logic yet at the same time as we signed Hutton we gave Given 50k a week so who knows, Hutton would have been on decent money at Spurs so I'd probably say 30-40k region is about right.

Whatever it is it is a waste though and was always going to be a waste.

we can't go into next season with only 1 right back.

Isnt Herd being kept for just that reason?

Herd is not the answer. He isnt a RB and he is a bit shit really.

For backup to Lowton we should just go and sign a couple of youngsters from Southampton/Crystal Palace/Sheffield United for whichever wide player/fullback they are bringing through next. **** Hutton off for a packet of crisps or possibly a handful of pebbles? 

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â