Alan Hutton

Rich_D

2 hours ago, TRO said:

In this league, don't underestimate the power of that......if we had of had more of that this season, we would be much better placed now.

Just have to look at Brighton as a good example of this

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Ahhhh balls

If anything, this proves that Hutton's upturn in effort lately has been all about triggering this clause. 

Pretty sure Hutton doesn't pick the team. What did you want him to do deliberately play bad so he didn't get picked. This is a prime example of dislike ruling over objectivity. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Couldn't be bothered to read the Mail article which said something like Hutton triggers contract extension, but can someone explain what that means because I would have thought it would be the club triggering it, not him?

You can have clauses both ways I'm pretty sure. I.e the player can have a clause stating if he plays x amount of games then he has been a needed player in the squad therefore gets an automatic one year extension. Usually a clause for elder statesman of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Pretty sure Hutton doesn't pick the team. What did you want him to do deliberately play bad so he didn't get picked. This is a prime example of dislike ruling over objectivity. 

I should have liked him to pass a ball to feet over a distance further than 2 yards, for the last 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I should have liked him to pass a ball to feet over a distance further than 2 yards, for the last 4 years. 

That doesn't have anything to do with your original post but clearly you don't like him and that's fine I guess but exaggerating his shortcomings doesn't help get your view across.

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That doesn't have anything to do with your original post but clearly you don't like him and that's fine I guess but exaggerating his shortcomings doesn't help get your view across.

Sadly it is not exaggerating. 

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sadly it is not exaggerating. 

So what you are saying in all seriousness is that Hutton has a pass completion of 0% beyond 2 yards over the last 4 years?

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Christ this club never learns. First Gabby, then Westwood, thankfully Burnley got mugged into taking him,now Hutton. He's  a  poor player, who gives his all. The first attribute negates the second. Please get rid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sne said:

On course to be the highest paid 3rd choice RB in the Championship next season by probably a £25.000/w margin.

Good on him.

Thats nothing we have a 4th choice right back on 55.000 a week

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KHV said:

Why wouldn't he start? James Bree is a realtivley unknow quantity at this level, and Richie DeLaet is awful.

De Laet isn't awful...he played a game and a bit before getting injured. Of course the injury might have taken a bit off him. He's also played for Boro and Leicester who've gone up in recent seasons.

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Just have to look at Brighton as a good example of this

Woah, hold on, Brighton is full of exceptionally technically sound players, let's not sell what they have achieved so far short.

Hutton has his faults, and I think he was woeful in a fair few games at the start of the season. Unfortunately his bad games have meant that every error in every game since have been highlighted and been remembered over all the things he did competently.

He has shortcomings, his crossing is poor. He shouldn't be making marauding runs into the final third. That's up to the manager to set the team up in a way where the players aren't played to their weaknesses. He hasn't been recently and lo and behold, he's looking better. Don't think it's a bad thing having him another season. Who knows how De Laet will be when he comes back from injury. Look at Amavi. Bree is an unknown quantity and could be a while away from holding down a first team place. 

All this means for me is we now have a saleable "asset" in the summer rather than losing him for nowt. Sell him in Jan when De Laet is fit. Good cover for Bree. 

I've heard his wages almost halved when we went down so he'd be on £15-20k max per week ( thank you Mr Fox!) 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

De Laet isn't awful...he played a game and a bit before getting injured. Of course the injury might have taken a bit off him. He's also played for Boro and Leicester who've gone up in recent seasons.

Ask Boro and Leicester fans how they rate him, I have also seen him play for Boro and Leicester. He is worse than Hutton going forward and cannot defend. Another awful RDM signing.

Remember the time he went on loan to Real Mallorca? Cushty little number for him that. 

I imagine he will be here next season, as Bruce said he pleased that the clause had been triggered. 

He's not a world beater for he's committed to the cause. In time Bree will oust him from the position as in the couple of games he did play before his injury, you could see he was quality. Then it's Bruce's quandary of what to do with de Laet. 

I'm sort of glad he's sticking around for another year, he's a good example to have around for the younger players to look upto. When he could of thrown his toys out of the pram, kicked up a fuss when he was in the infamous bomb squad, or given up and gone full on lower-league (excluding this season), he's knuckled down, hasn't complained and got on wth it, got his place back in the team and despite everything he's still here. I'm sure when the other guys are fully fit he'll be more of a bit-part player, but his attitude is the type that you tend to find only in the best players. Also, watched some of those "In the dressing room with...." video's on the official YouTube channel. Consistently named as the best trainer, one of the first to turn up every morning and puts the effort in, similar to what we see on match days. 

Â