Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Kudos to him, he has actually played quite well the last 2 games. However, I am worried he is going to revert back to form.

Its kind of like waiting for an accident at an intersection when all the traffic lights are out.

17 hours ago, bobzy said:

Thankfully, you're not our manager.

Which bit don't you agree with? That Bree should start? Or Bacuna does better there? Or Hutton is crap? I guarantee I'm not on my own on any of these and I'd say most agree with most of these if not all. The fact every manager has tried to replace him for the last 5 years goes to show that they agree aswell! 

16 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

In the first 5 mins he

1) played Adomah into trouble

2) was caught out of position twice - only to be saved by awfull crosses

3) was upfield on a run whilst losing possesion

Generally speaking he did some good to very good last ditch defending throughout the game most of it caused by his own inability to defend properly in the first place, the once slipping over, luckily the ball went kindly for him.

Against a better than awfull crosser, we would have conceeded without a doubt.

His shot on goal was unbelievably bad for a pro-Ball-kicker.

Hutton is giving his all even more so atm as he smells a new contract.

However, no matter how much or how little he would get paid, there's nothing AVFC could write in his contract that would make him an effective player for us (unless we end up a division lower).

A tryer who gives 100%.

I dont hate him for that, in fact I admire his attitude and professionalism.

Such a shame he's so shit as a footballer.

Bad positioning

Gets caught out

caught in possesion

cant pass

cant cross

cant dribble

goes walkabouts

You missed off when he fell over the ball on our touch line

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

In the first 5 mins he

1) played Adomah into trouble

No chance. I could've controlled that ball blindfolded. It was a simple pass, easy take. Adomah **** it and Hutton was out of position as a result. If we're blaming Hutton for other players not being able to control the ball, it's no wonder he gets so much stick

• Like 1

I think it's last season for him though. De Laet will be back, Bree certainly will be in the squad and Bacuna can play there. Bjarnason could even do a job as an absolute last resort if we were decimated with injuries.

At the full back positions, selling Amavi and using that money + his and Hutton's wages on a left back would be the more sensible thing to do. Taylor has no cover at the moment.

27 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

No chance. I could've controlled that ball blindfolded. It was a simple pass, easy take. Adomah **** it and Hutton was out of position as a result. If we're blaming Hutton for other players not being able to control the ball, it's no wonder he gets so much stick

It was a typical Hutton pass, playing someone into trouble.

Sure Adomah miscontrolled it, but no way was he expecting Hutton to do no other than hoof it. 

Think about it. Hutton played a short pass just outside our box to Adomah facing our goal a player either side of him.

Pure stupidity. Good stats for pass completion that could have lead to a goal.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Proved his many detractors wrong again tonight. Great attitude and commitment.

If Villa started using me and I was utterly sh*te, for about 100 games, but, suddenly had two good games, would that be me proving the haters wrong? or simply me in decent form for once? 

Hutton is still one of our worst players, but I will acknowledge, that he has been decent the last two games (probably our best player). And him hitting form, could not happen to a player that deserves it more, he works so much every game. Love him for that. Sadly, he just is not a great footballer, but long may this form of his continue. 

Edited by Chicken Field

Superb today. 

Sums it up for me. He runs 50 yards with the ball in the first half, lays it off and remains in an offensive position and... We play it all the way back to the keeper. Other players need to have that same drive to go forward. 

• Like 2

Well I have to say it is surely a coincidence that he hits some form juuuuust as his contract looks like expiring. And when I say form, he still can't pass any further than 5 yds. Glad he will get a positive send-off but please do not give him a new contract, he will go missing again for the next 3.5 years. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be as cynical as that, but I agree we shouldn't be renewing his contract.

I'm glad he's performing well, but with De Laet hopefully recovering by the summer and Bree in for "the future" I think it's time for Hutton to go.

Â