Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

surprised he didnt play more minutes tonight. Austria played better when he came on and other strikers didnt look better, put in a beautiful teasing cross Janko should have converted

I was delighted. Less chance of him being injured. That goes for all our players, Villa first.

I suppose there may have been an "understanding" between club and the Austrian management that he wouldn't play too much because of the rigours of his league programme.

Or maybe he just said to Marcel Koller, "No worries about getting goals tonight, boss - I see they have Ciaran in defence!"   :mrgreen:

I suppose there may have been an "understanding" between club and the Austrian management that he wouldn't play too much because of the rigours of his league programme.

Or maybe he just said to Marcel Koller, "No worries about getting goals tonight, boss - I see they have Ciaran in defence!" :mrgreen:

Or maybe we just see him through villa tinted specs and he isn't as rated as we think he should be

Or maybe we just see him through villa tinted specs and he isn't as rated as we think he should be

Well Martin Harnik plays in Weimann's position on the right for Austria, and quite simply Harnik's the better option.  That's not a derogatory statement on Weimann, long may his development and good form continue, but the next Harnik is hopefully what Weimann'll end up being.

By no means am I saying that he deserves anywhere near 50k a week, but we haven't won a single game that Weimann hasn't started.

He hasn't started twelve, which is more than I thought.

That stat is warped.

We also haven't won 20 odd games that he HAS started.

It would be relevant if we'd won loads of games this season and the ones we hadn't was when he hadn't started. Or if we'd won ALL the games he's started.

But when we're "not winning" the vast majority of our games and he's playing in most of them, it doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Not worth 40k after 12 months of first team football, no **** way.

True, but we are in a delicate situation where his agent can say Bent is earning 70k a week and offering nothing while Weimann is busting a gut every weekend for the cause. Perhaps 25-30k with a small % increase every year of the deal.

True, but we are in a delicate situation where his agent can say Bent is earning 70k a week and offering nothing while Weimann is busting a gut every weekend for the cause. Perhaps 25-30k with a small % increase every year of the deal.

25k-30k max but part of that improvement bonuses,.

Remember, these are just figures being plucked from thin air and then banded about as fact, when they are not. Money is not even the issue here, survival is, so we are all starting to get our knickers in a twist over nothing.

If Mcliesh was still in charge, i know Wiemann would now be back in Austria due to getting very little opportunies. He is a very level headed guy, and all this is about his career. He loves it here, he does not want to leave, but he has to look long term, and to do that, our future needs fixing before sitting down and looking at it.

TBH, even if we do go down, if he sees that we have a stategy in place to come straight back up, then he may still stay. End of the season chaps, and then the ball is firmly in Faulkners court.

• Like 2

I'd much rather pay Weimann £50k per week compared to say Ireland, Hutton etc. At least Andi gives his all every game he plays.

That kind of wage needs to be earnt over time. Not handed out after one good season. Otherwise we would be sitting here complaining about what to do with Albrighton earning 50k per week on a long term deal.

Remember, these are just figures being plucked from thin air and then banded about as fact, when they are not. Money is not even the issue here, survival is, so we are all starting to get our knickers in a twist over nothing.

If Mcliesh was still in charge, i know Wiemann would now be back in Austria due to getting very little opportunies. He is a very level headed guy, and all this is about his career. He loves it here, he does not want to leave, but he has to look long term, and to do that, our future needs fixing before sitting down and looking at it.

TBH, even if we do go down, if he sees that we have a stategy in place to come straight back up, then he may still stay. End of the season chaps, and then the ball is firmly in Faulkners court.

MM without going back through posts, do you personally know AW or is this your opinion?

I rate AW highly and would love to see him commit to a long term contract so I'm hoping that you have the "indide word"

MM without going back through posts, do you personally know AW or is this your opinion?

I rate AW highly and would love to see him commit to a long term contract so I'm hoping that you have the "indide word"

Its mostly my opinion, though if you look back, i did post something that i was told just before all these rumours started.

Basicly, it was that he would be off if we go down, and that the club had been told that. I did have a few when i was told, and i never heared all of what was said at the time lol, but based on that and whats transpired since, im pretty certain im dead on the button.

The guy who told me, certainly can be classed as ITK. Been 110% correct on everything hes told me, which is usually not a lot. Knows deadly personally, and has had loads of dealings wihin midlands football before retiring. I still see him regular and always have to refrain myself from asking things......dont want to be rude or considered a pest lol, and he is a genuine nice chap B)

Well Martin Harnik plays in Weimann's position on the right for Austria, and quite simply Harnik's the better option.  That's not a derogatory statement on Weimann, long may his development and good form continue, but the next Harnik is hopefully what Weimann'll end up being.

Would have done a better job up top though than Hosiner who let game pass him by

Â