Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

You (I am referring to CI and his ridiculous comment) have not got the slightest clue what we will be offering our players, salary-wise, next year.  

I'm pretty sure Villa will be looking to make serious progress next year - if not, Lambert would have chucked in the towel long ago.  He is a manager with ambition and it is clear he has a long term vision and strategy for the club.  This long term project that kicked off in 2010: building a winning team using our talent at Bodymoor Heath and astute signings along the way, no poster on this site knows how it will pan out or where it will lead to.  Likewise nobody knows what we will be offering our players or, indeed, who our future transfer targets will be.

I've just had a chuckle laughing at some of the comments on this thread dating back to 2010 - "Sir Gary Cahill" saying Weimann appeared to be "out of his depth" was particularly splendid.

I read a few posts back that Weimann will be playing for a "team in red", someone else saying they have a feeling he will be playing for Arsenal (!) soon.   

Here's one for you:  I've a feeling Weimann will score the winning goal for Villa in next season's FA Cup Final.

Edited by McGregor1888
  • Like 3

Nobody is going to be offering Andi 50k a week. He's playing well at the minute but he's not exactly been consistently amazing. He needs to improve many aspects of his game still. He just looks very good for us because...

a) he works very hard compared to others

B) our squad is lacking quality and he stands out more

He's no where near the standard of Benteke. I'm not worried about losing Andi at all providing we stay up. 

Edited by PieFacE

Came on at 63 mins, didn't score. Austria 6-0 Faroe Islands.. Not sure if he assisted one though?

I read on a live score app that he assisted one of their goals. Think it was their last goal.

And I agree with the most of that, PieFacE. I'd just like to add that he shines because he's a fairly good goalscorer too. He's a hot prospect, but I don't think he's that hot that he can claim £50k a week anywhere. My guess is he'll get about £20k, which isn't bad at all for a player like him.

• Like 1

The av PL salary is already 34k a week , after the new tv deal kicks in, 50k will quickly become the norm for an average PL player. Weimann is lucky in the sense he's had a great season and his contract is up for renewal. £50k a week deal IMHO

The av PL salary is already 34k a week , after the new tv deal kicks in, 50k will quickly become the norm for an average PL player. Weimann is lucky in the sense he's had a great season and his contract is up for renewal. £50k a week deal IMHO

I don't think he'll get that. But we'll probably never know. Most of the times when we're talking wages it seems to me that it's just guess work. Like Gabby. Almost everyone says he's on £60-65k a week, but there once was one who claimed he'd been shown it by Gabby's brother during an economic class, and it was nowhere near that amount and lots of clauses. But some have decided that it has to be £60-65 k, so it is that much.

£50k a week for Weimann would be nonsense. If he's looking for that he can walk on IMO. £27k with goal and appearances to take him up to £40k with a good week  would be more realistic

I think he'll stay to be honest. If we offered him a new 3 year deal with an increased wage, he'd stay for at least a season then we could sell him on if he really wanted to move on. He doesn't strike me as the type to leave us on a free after bringing him in and giving him his first real full season. He'll know that he's got plenty more to learn and another year or two here will do him absolutely no harm

yep Weimann two assists:

Alaba created the first, finding Junuzovic in space to fire in from 20 yards in the 76th minute, then scored the second himself from close range when he was picked out by Weimann moments later.

It was 6-0 in the 82nd minute with Weimann again the creator, finding Gyorgy Garics to score from the edge of the area.

With the managerial disasters of Houllier and McLeish I guess extending Andi's contract was totally overlooked which is why we are in this position. Does he have 1 year left ?

With the managerial disasters of Houllier and McLeish I guess extending Andi's contract was totally overlooked which is why we are in this position. Does he have 1 year left ?

it's up in june isnt it?

Â