Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Van Persie didn't score 20 goals a season until he was 25. Before then his top highest was 13. In his first season - 22 - he got 10 goals, 5 in the league. This for a top side.

That would be because he used to be a winger. Edited by adz.villa

Weimann has been right up there with him, playing out of position and banging them in.

I'm starting to think this position really suits him.

I used to think a winger was a top priority as a signing in the summer but now not so sure.

Not many teams play 2 forwards anymore and I can't see Lambert changing to that anytime soon. So for me I don't think weimman would be great playing the role of the centre striker. I think he wouldn't have much influence on the game in that position.

His work rate, defensive work and pace are really suited for this wider position. Add in the fact he's a good finisher and this position looks more and more suited for him.

Have to sign him up in the summer.

My worry is he'll fancy a move to a bigger team.

Weimann has been right up there with him, playing out of position and banging them in.

I'm starting to think this position really suits him.

I used to think a winger was a top priority as a signing in the summer but now not so sure.

Not many teams play 2 forwards anymore and I can't see Lambert changing to that anytime soon. So for me I don't think weimman would be great playing the role of the centre striker. I think he wouldn't have much influence on the game in that position.

His work rate, defensive work and pace are really suited for this wider position. Add in the fact he's a good finisher and this position looks more and more suited for him.

Have to sign him up in the summer.

My worry is he'll fancy a move to a bigger team.

Agree with all of this-Weiman is a class act & I pray we can kep hold of him.

Modern football rarely allows for the second striker ala Weiman so he either opts for the "hole" or one of the wide positions in a 3 man attack.His work rate means he's ideal for this position & he sets up his fair share of chances for others as well as converts them himself.

Van Persie didn't score 20 goals a season until he was 25. Before then his top highest was 13. In his first season - 22 - he got 10 goals, 5 in the league. This for a top side.

That would be because he used to be a winger.

Same position as AW if you ask me.

That would be because he used to be a winger.

Same position as AW if you ask me.

Yep. In a side that creates very little too.

7 PL goals, 58 shots: 12.1% conversion.

Van Persie's conversion rate is 19.1%, so Weimann has some room for improvement. We might not create that many chances but he's had the chances to be in double figures already.

Beat Benteke to the supporters young player of year award. Nice recognition for him. He has worked his bollocks off this season and scored some very important goals.

Randy needs to get his cheque book out and give this lad the contract his efforts deserve. If we don't someone else will be happy to.

Edited by markavfc40

I would think the lack of contract signing would be down to him waiting to see what league we would be in rather than Learner not offering. 

I suspect negotiations will be able to reopen and he will sign one once we are confirmed as staying up.

• Like 1

Apart from his goal against Sunderland, I think he has been pretty poor that last few games. Sure the work rate is there, but to often he just smashes the ball, several moves broke down through his lack of compusure - If we weren't in such a critical position - Id recall Bent for him

Apart from his goal against Sunderland, I think he has been pretty poor that last few games. Sure the work rate is there, but to often he just smashes the ball, several moves broke down through his lack of compusure - If we weren't in such a critical position - Id recall Bent for him

I can see where you are coming from, but i dont know about Bent. Weimann does allot of unnoticed thankless work. Same time its been a long season and the way he plays he would take its toll on him before most of the rest of the players. Could just be getting tired

He is a beast when it comes to working his ass off but he does some weird things sometimes. Still has room for improvement but he has been great this season. Lately almost everyone has impressed me except for the back 4 (excluding lowton) Yes vlaar and such has good games indeed but something has to be done back there. We basically have no clean sheets this season and the goals can come flying in. And with a goalie like guzan you know there is something wrong back there. 

I was just about to come in here and say he's flagging a bit. You've all got there first. He does look tired. Not a surprise really. Hard work + total commitment every game + first full season. Deserves 1 more goal, I think. Hope he finds one at Wigan.

Rob Groener (agent) confirms there is a meeting to take place with Villa re contract talks, also confirms there are other offers.

Says Weimann will certainly play in the premier league next season and that it won't take long to sort out his future.. just doesn't know what club (which suggests maybe he has other offers from other PL clubs) 

http://sportnet.at/home/fussball/international/england/1402747/Andreas-Weimann_Jetzt-wird-verhandelt

Don`t really see which club he would sign for. He still has some obvious flaws in his game but he has taken big steps this season imo. Would be better off for him to stay. And besides, I find it weird that he would get so many offers, specially something that can outclass the villa.

Â