Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Has been doing fairly well but really needs to improve his conversion rate. For some of his goals his finishes have been sublime but he has missed too many guilt edged chances and they always seem to be at vital times.

• 2 weeks later...

Great quotes from the kid, hope we give him a contract he deserves. Taken from an article I read in the express.

'“I don’t miss my life in Austria because this is my life. I am not from England but I feel this is my home.

“We have to get through this season and then we know it will take off for us, we really believe that.”

In not sure about all our squad, but Andi is destined for big things.

Edited by VillaGoMarching

Whilst I love Wienmann and what he has offered to the team, I cant help but start to think that him and Dirk Kuyt are in the same mold.  He has scored really good goals this season but on a par he has missed as many gilt edge chances at really important times.

Whilst I love Wienmann and what he has offered to the team, I cant help but start to think that him and Dirk Kuyt are in the same mold.  He has scored really good goals this season but on a par he has missed as many gilt edge chances at really important times.

Oh you mean the Dirk Kuyt that played 208 games for Liverpool and scored 51 goals? The same one that played mostly as a wide attacker and who is lightyears ahead of every midfielder we have right about now? I would be very happy if Weimann emulated Kuyt's career with us...

Oh you mean the Dirk Kuyt that played 208 games for Liverpool and scored 51 goals? The same one that played mostly as a wide attacker and who is lightyears ahead of every midfielder we have right about now? I would be very happy if Weimann emulated Kuyt's career with us...

I didnt say i wouldnt be happy ' I love Wienmann and what he has offered to the team', but what i am trying to argue is that he is not an out and out striker that some may suggest on here.  (IMO)

He plays really well in his current role, I think the comparison to Kuyt is a good shout.

Has much more pace than Kuyt though, but poorer in the air.

What Kuyt did have was the knowledge when to make the run into the box and when not to. The pace he lacked in his legs was made up for by the pace of thought in his head!!  Weiman makes some amazing runs that go unnoticed in games.

The more I watch him the less I view him as a natural goal scorer. I used to think he'd be this Owen type kind of finisher who would just pounce on a half chance and put it away. I think the Dirk Kuyt comparison isn't a bad one.

I think he's got a lot to offer any team though and will be a very good player. He will score goals, he will create goals and he will work hard as long as he's on the pitch.

Don't see him as too similar too Kuyt, personally, although I can understand where the comparison is coming from.

Still think he needs to develop a better, sharper awareness of others around him.  However, he has time to do this and has natural ability in other respects.  He's a very endearing player too, because of the spark he can provide and the fact he puts in a great shift when he plays.

Weimann is the kind of player that makes you proud to say he's ours. Been at Villa since he was 15 years or so, now getting into the team and doing very well (for the most part). I like his energy and his ability to score gritty goals, that always comes in handy.

You think he is good this season, then watch him next!

Will be a much better player than Kuyt and one destined for big things further down the line. I rate him that highly.

Well things will be easier for him in the Championship  :P

Edited by PieFacE

Â