Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Weimann and others staying e.g. Benteke and Guzan is all dependent on if we stay up or go down. Benteke will probably go either way, probably end up warming the bench for a top 4 club. Still not convinced myself he would only be ready to play for Spurs on current forwards at other top four clubs, would suit Arsenal as they won't be in the top 4 this season :P Guzan will go if we go down, stay if we stay up but Weimann actually gives a shit about this club, probably like most have said on here, will wait until what our state is come the end of May, we go down he is gone, we stay up we better offer him at least 30k a week or I'm going be kicking off

Weimann and others staying e.g. Benteke and Guzan is all dependent on if we stay up or go down. Benteke will probably go either way, probably end up warming the bench for a top 4 club. Still not convinced myself he would only be ready to play for Spurs on current forwards at other top four clubs, would suit Arsenal as they won't be in the top 4 this season :PGuzan will go if we go down, stay if we stay up but Weimann actually gives a shit about this club, probably like most have said on here, will wait until what our state is come the end of May, we go down he is gone, we stay up we better offer him at least 30k a week or I'm going be kicking off

And Guzan doesn't? Come on.

That's true but it's his first season of regular football.

Many would have said Marc Albrighton was on the radar of Liverpool & the like after his breakout season and wouldn't they have all had egg on their faces now?

Yup - hes been great this season - but how many one season wonders have we had ? - is he getting by on workrate ? - I don't ever remember albrighton being rated - but Ciaran Clark was being tracked by other big clubs - but never done it for us.

Do Liverpool rate him that highly ? - or at £5m do they think he's worth a punt ? - given they played £12-15m for Joe Allen - I think its more the contract situation that is alerting liverpool.

As an aside rodgers is racking up a fair few few duff signings up there 

Some people are really out of touch with reality if they believe Weimann is going to be offered within the regions of 50k a week. That simply will not happen and how has ANYTHING that's happened over the last few years made some of you think otherwise.

Further to that, he doesn't warrant that figure regardless of this season (and believe me, I am a huge huge Weimann fan, I love the kid) but people are either just overexcited or just stupid. Liverpool ain't going to offer him 50k, nobody is, and let's not forget he owes us a bit as well, we've brought him up for a fair old while and he's been part of a good youth set up which teaches them the right way to play and does everything to see them afforded the opportunity to come through. I'd wager he knows all this himself, and I reckon he will have a lot of respect for both Villa and Lambert and will sign a new long term deal with the club assuming safety is sealed.

I'm surprised at some people, we got ourselves into a real mess by giving players more money than they deserved, and it took not months but years to be rid of some of those leeches, obviously Weimann does not fall into the same category as these but with his young age and his inexperience people shouldn't be so quick in wishing us to hand out a 4 year 50k contract. We were all v.excited when Agbonlahor came through, good debut season and he was rewarded gradually. I have no problems top performer being paid top money but only after some consistency

We've had so many flavour of the month players over the years, and whilst I am quite sure Weimann has a fine career ahead of him some of you would prob have some right shit on big long contracts based on not a whole lot.

I think the Moore brothers did a lot to put people off from getting over excited about Youth team players.

That said, even at his 'best', Albrighton was never going to be a premiership footballer, technically he just isn't good enough. Delfouneso just doesn't seem to have the presence or attitude and the likes of Hogg, Bannan, Herd and co. just aren't good enough.

I think Clark has the potential to be a good centre half and the same goes for Baker. I like Baker's no nonsense attitude whereas I think Clark is the more comfortable footballer. If you could somehow blend the two, you'd have a fine centre half.

All of the above is a bit off topic which brings me onto Weimann. Out of all the prospects we've seen come from the academy over the years, this kid excites me the most. He has the attitude, the desire and the spirit to become a very good centre forward. Benteke is the better player and will go onto bigger things in a better team but Weimann is the kind of striker we can keep hold of and will flourish at the Villa. He has the ability to find the right positions in front of goal which Gabby has never seen to had but also has the work rate, pace and finishing ability to make him a lethal no.9.

Out of all the players we may or may not lose this summer, Weimann is no.1 on the list of people I want to keep at the club. I think Lambert probably thinks the same.

Up the Villa

I think there is a going rate in the league we are in now Blandy & StefanAVFC. I think the wages players expect are too high and I hope Andi would take less but you either pay the wages the better players want or sell them to buy players that will sign for much less, take a punt that they will develop with us into better players and then in turn sell those players when they look for better deals. It becomes a circle of the club developing players only to sell them on at a profit and of us not seeing those players develop with us and make our team better. We would then be left with what we have this season on repeat rather than with hope that we can progress as a team by bringing on players for our own football club to make us better each season.

Excellent post and we shall see in the summer whether we are building a team for the future or just rebuilding Lerner's bank balance?

Some people are really out of touch with reality if they believe Weimann is going to be offered within the regions of 50k a week. That simply will not happen and how has ANYTHING that's happened over the last few years made some of you think otherwise.

Further to that, he doesn't warrant that figure regardless of this season (and believe me, I am a huge huge Weimann fan, I love the kid) but people are either just overexcited or just stupid. Liverpool ain't going to offer him 50k, nobody is, and let's not forget he owes us a bit as well, we've brought him up for a fair old while and he's been part of a good youth set up which teaches them the right way to play and does everything to see them afforded the opportunity to come through. I'd wager he knows all this himself, and I reckon he will have a lot of respect for both Villa and Lambert and will sign a new long term deal with the club assuming safety is sealed.

I'm surprised at some people, we got ourselves into a real mess by giving players more money than they deserved, and it took not months but years to be rid of some of those leeches, obviously Weimann does not fall into the same category as these but with his young age and his inexperience people shouldn't be so quick in wishing us to hand out a 4 year 50k contract. We were all v.excited when Agbonlahor came through, good debut season and he was rewarded gradually. I have no problems top performer being paid top money but only after some consistency

We've had so many flavour of the month players over the years, and whilst I am quite sure Weimann has a fine career ahead of him some of you would prob have some right shit on big long contracts based on not a whole lot.

But Liverpool could offer him £50k a week - if they get him for a £5m fee. A lot clubs don't take interest based on one season though - plenty of players can do it over a season, the trick is sustaining it.

If Villa stay up, Weimann stays - if not he goes.

No player is going to agree new contract terms at the point Villa are at just now so no news here - other than for no-news papers.

Andi is a Villa man and he wants to stay and has made that clear.

I don't think it's a certainty that Weimann will leave if we go down.

He's been with us for a number of years, we've stuck with him through a bad injury, the manager has shown the faith to put him in the first team at a young age and he is playing in a team consisting of players that he's known for years.

Even if we go down, I can imagine him staying with us until he can be certain whether we're coming back up or staying in the Championship, before he decides whether to sign a new contract or leave on a free.

We must pay what we need to keep him.

30k is minimum end of the range. 50k maximum.

Weimann's not yet done enough to demand 50k but other clubs might offer him more than we do to tempt him away.

I'm sure he would take a slight hit out of loyalty and in order to stick with familiar set up that is working for him. 

But if we were to offer 20k and someone else 40k, he would be an idiot to stay with us. It would be his duty to leave to show Villa fans what kind of chairman we have.

No club would be stupid enough to give Weimann a 50k a week contract, he is just not proven enough yet to command that. 

We will be negotiating over something like a 25-30k pw contract. No idea where this 50k contract talk has come from...

He doesn't deserve 50k right now

I say, if he scores eight more goals then he'd deserve 50k  :) whether he'll get it or not is another matter.

So eight more goals Andi and I'll drink to each one.

surprised he didnt play more minutes tonight. Austria played better when he came on and other strikers didnt look better, put in a beautiful teasing cross Janko should have converted

No club would be stupid enough to give Weimann a 50k a week contract, he is just not proven enough yet to command that. 

We will be negotiating over something like a 25-30k pw contract. No idea where this 50k contract talk has come from...

Chinese whispers....

Leaked from the club to a reporter, fans then accept it as gospel which seems to be happening already, player becomes thought of as greedy bastard, and fans then accept him being sold because who wants a greedy bastard at the club. I mean, aint this whats got us in the mess we are in (according to the same whispers)?

Hes simply doing the sensable thing of holding it off until the end of the season, when our future will be a lot clearer. This 50k thing is total rubbish, and you have to start asking why this rumour is being spread.

Â