Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

You think he is good this season, then watch him next!

Will be a much better player than Kuyt and one destined for big things further down the line. I rate him that highly.

Well things will be easier for him in the Championship  :P

Very true :D

• 2 weeks later...

For all this season's troubles we have scored some great goals this season. The Weimann goal was no exception. Wonderful play by Lowton and then great control and finish from Weimann. On another day he would have got a hat-trick

That goal was absolutely first class. The defensive run, the turn and burst back to their half.... that touch and a great finish. Very, very few players could do that after him. Should have bagged another one as well, both of those finishes were first class and somehow didn't go in.

His fore-checking is first class, and so important to our side.

Excellent goal to control that ball like he did on the bounce off a wet surface. Fantastic player and brings loads of energy and effort to the team, as well as lethal finishes. Still a young lad and an exceptional talent IMO.

Brilliant performance once again from the young lad.

Don't think he's quite got enough to make it to the very top, but if he stays at Villa for his whole career he'll be up there with the Agbonlahor's and Angel's of this world.

Well done for tonight young man.

Don't think he's quite got enough to make it to the very top, but if he stays at Villa for his whole career he'll be up there with the Agbonlahor's and Angel's of this world.

Well done for tonight young man

You can't be serious?

He's a much better finisher than Agbonlahor, he works hard, and he has some pace. 

Unlike Benteke, he's not a Champions League player right now but he is 21 and is still developing. Van Persie scored 15 in 61 for Feynoord between age of 18-21. Weimann's record is looking at least as good.

You can't be serious?

He's a much better finisher than Agbonlahor, he works hard, and he has some pace. 

Unlike Benteke, he's not a Champions League player right now but he is 21 and is still developing. Van Persie scored 15 in 61 for Feynoord between age of 18-21. Weimann's record is looking at least as good.

I'm surprised you never said that Weimann would be above Van Persie in the Premier League scoring charts if Bannan had played in every game his season!

You can't be serious?

I'm struggling to see what you are arguing about?

When I say I don't think he's going to make it to the very top, I mean he isn't going to be playing for one of the worlds top 5 clubs. Which he won't. He will however be one of the best forwards Villa have had if he continues. What's so strange about that?

That was a quality goal from him tonight. Great first touch and lovely composed finish. The guy is a class act and as a cracking attitude as he doesn't mind putting a shift in.

We really need to sign him up on a long term deal as soon as possible.

I thought he was fairly quiet tonight for him. 

Great touch and finish, but that inconsistent technique is still there.

Works his nuts off which is always great to see, so even if he's not scoring, he will contribute heavily defensively which is why he needs to stay in the team.

I'm still not used to seeing a Villa player execute the technique that he demonstratesweek in week out.  That 2nd goal and its first touch was sublime.  As good as Benteke has been, Weimann has been right up there with him, playing out of position and banging them in.  Another vital performance tonight from our favourite Austrian.  G'day mate !!

When I say I don't think he's going to make it to the very top, I mean he isn't going to be playing for one of the worlds top 5 clubs. Which he won't. He will however be one of the best forwards Villa have had if he continues. What's so strange about that?

Villa is the top club in the world

He has the talent to play for one of the world's top clubs (how you define it).

Point about Van Persie, he wasn't as good as he is now when he was younger.

Van Persie didn't score 20 goals a season until he was 25. Before then his top highest was 13. In his first season - 22 - he got 10 goals, 5 in the league. This for a top side.

Same point can be made about Lewandowski and many other strikers.

There is every reason to believe, as I have said, Weimann is capable of playing for any club in the world - given time. Hopefully he's be a one man club though so this won't apply.

Villa is the top club in the world

He has the talent to play for one of the world's top clubs (how you define it).

Point about Van Persie, he wasn't as good as he is now when he was younger.

Van Persie didn't score 20 goals a season until he was 25. Before then his top highest was 13. In his first season - 22 - he got 10 goals, 5 in the league. This for a top side.

Same point can be made about Lewandowski and many other strikers.

There is every reason to believe, as I have said, Weimann is capable of playing for any club in the world - given time. Hopefully he's be a one man club though so this won't apply.

Tbf Lewandowski has been scoring 20+ goals since he was 19.

Lewandowski scored 9 goals in his first season at Dortmund, as a 22 year old. 43 appearances.

Don't count the matches before then. Polish league is not a top level league.

Edit: I'm told I am not a troll. Phew! BTW Weimann has 12 goals in 35 appearances this year.

Edited by Con

Â