Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He cant leave for free at the end of his contract either.  Under the Bosman ruling, players under 24 (and Andi will be 22 when his contract expires) have compensation set by a tribunal.  It won't be much obviously, but it could put some of the vultures off. 

• Like 1

He cant leave for free at the end of his contract either.  Under the Bosman ruling, players under 24 (and Andi will be 22 when his contract expires) have compensation set by a tribunal.  It won't be much obviously, but it could put some of the vultures off. 

if it's to an english club we could get a few million, if it's  abroad we'll get bugger all

If Benteke were to go in the summer, I think he could sensibly be looking for a £100k a week plus salary. I really don't think somewhere in the £40-50k bracket is out the ordinary for Andi. The days of Premier league players on a second contract earning less than £20k a week are gone.

People on this thread spout ridiculous money.. Weimann 50k, Benteke100k?? Neither of them have performed at the top level for a full season, neither are leading the scoring stakes nor are they playing in Europe.. The only players on that kind of money are either from the top clubs or the one club who overpay qpr...

Edited by mikeyp102

We don't pay players what we want to pay them we pay them what we have to pay them, which is a value decided by the market.

We don't "own" them. 

If there are clubs out there willing to pay Weimann 50k and Benteke 100k, even as bench warmers, we have to pay likewise.

Bent, Given, Ireland etc. who are on whopping salaries and not good enough for the first team are causing the problem here.

Southampton are paying £60k a week - Norwich will be paying Rip Van Wahtsisname that amount, the money has moved on - back up players at reasonable clubs will be asking for £30k a week next season.

Yep, all the rise in Sky money will mean is that the players will end up asking for higher wages.

If Weimann leaves after what amounts to basically half a season of finding his feet in the Prem then this whole idea of spending years bringing up & developing youth & expecting to get any kind of success whatsoever has been shown up for what it is... A stupid waste of time & money & if the club lets Weimann go after all this time for peanuts to some scummy club like Liverpool then for me i will not be able to take the club seriously from here on in.

• Like 2

Impressive considering he only came on at 63 mins, this guy has it all. Goals, assist and works hard for the team. Really hope he is convinced to sign a new contract if we stay up.

Not really, he was playing against one of the worst teams in the world.

If Villa stay up, Weimann stays - if not he goes.

No player is going to agree new contract terms at the point Villa are at just now so no news here - other than for no-news papers.

Andi is a Villa man and he wants to stay and has made that clear.

Edited by Paul33

Impressive considering he only came on at 63 mins, this guy has it all. Goals, assist and works hard for the team. Really hope he is convinced to sign a new contract if we stay up.

Not really, he was playing against one of the worst teams in the world.

Yeah good point.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Would like to see him give us another year or so if we stay up. Sign a 2/3 year contract extension so we could get some decent cash back.

He's been linked with some big teams so wouldn't begrudge him a move away at some point to be honest.

But if we get relegated then he'll be part of the exodus.

If Benteke were to go in the summer, I think he could sensibly be looking for a £100k a week plus salary. I really don't think somewhere in the £40-50k bracket is out the ordinary for Andi. The days of Premier league players on a second contract earning less than £20k a week are gone.

unless you are randy Lerner it seems

Lol, Walcott at Arsenal had basically a war to get 100,000 contract per month and you saying it's normal ? ...

Highest I can see Villa paying is obviously Benteke about 70,000 - 80,000 pm. Not more though. We need to keep good wage policy as eg Arsenal do.

Edited by Alakagom

Southampton are paying £60k a week - Norwich will be paying Rip Van Wahtsisname that amount, the money has moved on - back up players at reasonable clubs will be asking for £30k a week next season.

Yep, all the rise in Sky money will mean is that the players will end up asking for higher wages.
If that is indeed going to be the case then our chairman is going to be in for one, eh, two, emm, actually several massive shocks in the summer if we want to keep our better players.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when Lambert tells Lerner that Weimann will sign for £50,000 per week.

Â