Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Weimann's agent wants to know the highest he could potentially earn elsewhere and use that as a baseline for negotiations with Villa.

However, I expect there is some wiggle room.

Even if Newcastle or Norwich or an NPC offers £35k a week and we only offer 30k, it would be too risky a career move to leave Villa, where he has a role, is well understood and popular - for an extra 5k.

i think the length of contract is irrelevant when it comes to agents talking to other clubs on behalf of the player, the length of the contract comes into play when a verbal agreement turns into a written contract agreement, that can't happen unless the club have given permission. So he can find out what other interesteds parties would be willing to offer but nothing concrete or agreed. Believe that is right?

Weimann's agent wants to know the highest he could potentially earn elsewhere and use that as a baseline for negotiations with Villa.

Even if Newcastle or Norwich or an NPC offers £35k a week and we only offer 30k, it would be too risky a career move to leave Villa, where he has a role, is well understood and popular - for an extra 5k.

There are a lot of things I would do for an extra £5000 every week :P

Edited by LondonLax

there's a lot of things i'd do for five grand! let alone more every week....

What I mean is, if his career goes well over next few years he could be earning double p/week what he earns this time on his next contract.

If his career stalls then he might not get much of a raise next time at all. So grabbing the extra £5k a week might sound good in the short term, what he really needs to do is make the right decision for his career.

If he's got talent Aston Villa is probably the best club he could be at.

I'd be pretty disappointed in him if he left as I feel like he owes us more. We've given him his break. 

That said, I think he'll sign. Lambert clearly values his work ethic and I'm confident we will offer him acceptable terms.

I think he'll stay, he's an integral part of the team we're building and although this may lead him to believe he has licence to ask for a vastly improved contract, I think he'll accept a good deal.

Â