Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He's missed some sitters before, like every other striker, but he's always come back fram it and got himself into scoring positions. I think he's got the right mentality to make it. The sitter he missed against Ridgely and Michael was one of the worst I've seen, I think, bu it won't affect hiin the next game.

He's missed some sitters before, like every other striker, but he's always come back fram it and got himself into scoring positions. I think he's got the right mentality to make it. The sitter he missed against Ridgely and Michael was one of the worst I've seen, I think, bu it won't affect hiin the next game.

Indeed!

The little run he made to get himself into position to miss was delicious.

I didn't think he recovered from the miss very well on Sunday. He ran round a bit like a headless chicken, achieving very little. It was a good decision to bring him off. One of the times where his youth and passion worked against him. In an ideal world he would take a couple of first team games off but we don't have one of those.

Edited by briny_ear

The miss would only play on his mind if we lost - which we didnt. He'll be scoring goals in training over the next two weeks and has got us 9 goals this season. He'll be fine. He is a different sort of attacker to any of the others we have and has shown this season that he has the capability to score goals 

He's like a less experienced Darren Bent, who actually works hard, has a bit of pace, can take on a player and can cross.

If he was English, I think he'd be rated higher than Bent was at his age.

Or am I getting carried away?

• 2 weeks later...

Austrian ace Andreas Weimann has rejected a new contract offer from Aston Villa.

The 21-year-old, who has 18 months left on his existing deal, has been one of Villa’s bright sparks in a disappointing campaign.

Weimann is currently on around £15,000 a week but sources close to the player say they are “disappointed” with the fresh terms so far on offer.

Talks are ongoing and, although Weimann remains happy at Villa, they could now be put on hold until the summer with the club’s Premier League status still in question.

Villa boss Paul Lambert said of the 10-goal striker: “We’re still talking at the minute and seeing how it’s gone on.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andi-weimann-rejects-new-contract-1730966?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Lose Weimann and we are ****, stay up we will lose likely Benteke, Bent and now Weimann and likely MON will take Gabby. Go down all the mentioned will leave and we are left with Bowery and the Fonz, we are becoming the new Wolves  :(

Embarassing

I thought this new plan was to rebuild the side with youngsters

Now one of the shining lights of our season playing out of his skin is not getting the contract he deserves

I cant blame him for turning the offer down when we have people like stephen ireland earning 5 times as much doing **** all

Beggars belief

Edited by AshVilla

We. Are. Pathetic.

Almost as bad as things were in Doug's last year.

No bull here, but was told 6 weeks ago that Weimann, Benteke and two others had indicated that they would be off IF we are relegated. Aint got a clue whom the other two were, since i was peed :rolleyes:

However the source is quite into midands footy, especially Vtlla Park and knows Doug ( whom he cant stand ). I mentioned it before, though was not sure. Now im convinced.

I think if we go down, there will be one almighty rebuilding job on our hands since i fear this is just a small part of a mass exodus. One person will be thrilled to bits though, whilst doing his Lord Lucan :angry:

To be fair, I reckon they are trying as hard as possible to sign Andi to new terms, it almost definitely hinging on our PL status atm and once that is sorted his decision will be made. If we stay up, I am certain he'll extend. 

You're talking sense. Stop that!

It's not welcome in this thread - we only want knee-jerk reactions to an article from the most reliable of sources: The Mirror.

The sky is falling, damnit!!

/end sarcasm.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether we stay up or go down. We need to keep hold of this player.

Benteke, Ireland, Bent and N'Zogbia wont be Villa players next year if we go down and to be honest, I couldn't care less. Its the likes of Agbonlahor, Delph, Westwood, Weimann, Clark, Baker and Lowton we need to keep if we drop. If we do, we will come straight back up.

Weimann in paticular is key, he is a fantastic young player. Offer him a 4 year deal on 30k a week. This lad will score a lot of goals in any division in England.

We. Are. Pathetic.

Almost as bad as things were in Doug's last year.

Agreed...the piss poor running of the club is a disgrace.I just hope we survive this season as should we go down god knows how they wil run the clun with no prem league cash.Noy hard to see us struggling like Wolves.

Â