Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Whilst it would be a surprise if he signed a new deal right now, his reported rejection gives some perspective to the sort of abyss will will be staring into come May.  Randy and Faulkner just don't have a clue what they are doing. The only loose sort of plan seems to be to cut back on wages .....and to keep cutting back 

Whilst it would be a surprise if he signed a new deal right now, his reported rejection gives some perspective to the sort of abyss will will be staring into come May.  Randy and Faulkner just don't have a clue what they are doing. The only loose sort of plan seems to be to cut back on wages .....and to keep cutting back 

This is all Lambert's fault, if you look in the Paul Lambert thread.

Wait a minute, didn't I see a link to the mirror after that little article? I thought they were on of the less believable papers in England. Are we suddenly taking all they write as gospel? Or has this been reported elsewhere from more creditable sources?

He will keep rejecting the terms over and over until the end of the season. He is not going to sign anything until he knows we are safe. If he signs now and we go down it will **** up his chances of getting a move to a premiership club next season.

He will wait to see if we are relegated first.

Yep.

Also, he has 18 months left.

If he does decide not to re-sign when/if we go down, then we could do worse than keep hold of him for  further 12 months to help us get back up, then offer him far better terms as a  PL player.

He will wait to see if we are relegated first.

Yep.

Also, he has 18 months left.

If he does decide not to re-sign when/if we go down, then we could do worse than keep hold of him for  further 12 months to help us get back up, then offer him far better terms as a  PL player.

He will be able to sign a precontract agreement with another club next January. I think we will probably try and cash in if he only has 12 months left in the summer.

Standard practice. If Lerner has any sense he'll give the lad a good contract and that will be that. Of course, relegation would obviously move those particular goalposts, but lets not go there just yet.

And what if Lerner offers him a good contract and he still rejects it?

He would be mad to sign anything before he knows we are safe.

Standard practice. If Lerner has any sense he'll give the lad a good contract and that will be that. Of course, relegation would obviously move those particular goalposts, but lets not go there just yet.

Probably why it won't be resolved till the summer. But I don't get the impression he's a mercenary like one or two others to mention.

That would mean Lerner having some interest in this club, and the evidence suggests the opposite. This will be left to his stooge Faulkner, and we all know what an amazing job he is doing.

• Like 1

Probably why it won't be resolved till the summer. But I don't get the impression he's a mercenary like one or two others to mention.

I agree.

However, his agent will now be fully aware of what other clubs will be willing to offer him,which could just turn his head. Thats not him being mercenary, just human.

Whoever said he gets to sign a pre contract with another club next Jan, that only applies to foreign clubs and if he leaves on a free I think we will be due compensation anyway as he is from our academy, it wont be what his worth mind but the compo will be set by a tribunal to determine how much it cost us to develope him.

His easily worth double the 15k his apparently on now,I very much doubt his on that btw as he wasnt even in the first team when he signed this contract 18 months ago, he was on loan at watford at the time 5k with a few bonuses mayby......

Edited by Jimzk5

If we go down, Weimann will likely have at least a few premiership clubs willing to pick him up. He is young and has potential. He would probably bag 10-15 goals with a decent midfield behind him. 

Well seeing as this season he has already bagged ten in front of (and often as a part of) our midfield I'm sure he could!

Wait a minute, didn't I see a link to the mirror after that little article? I thought they were on of the less believable papers in England. Are we suddenly taking all they write as gospel? Or has this been reported elsewhere from more creditable sources?

People ignore that when there's a bit of controversy :)

Â