Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

We'll have to wait and see but he doesn't come across as a Downing. Even if we go down we may still be able to keep him with an improved wage. No doubt he'd be our main striker next season as well. Austria aren't exactly a footballing powerhouse either so if we go down and he becomes our main striker after the inevitable departure of Benteke he should still be able to keep his place in the NT.

I like to think that he would stick through in the harder times with us!

He had a nasty injury a few years ago, he came back from that and KMac, and now Lambert, have had faith in him to perform in the first team.

Though Benteke is likely to leave if we go down, I think Wiemann will stay.

The reports in the papers about rejecting the contract are not true ! I've always been happy here and talks are still ongoing !!

What a lad!!!

Stonewall goner in the Summer.

How can you say he's definitely going in the summer?

Tongue in cheek, (given that indications of someone staying usually results in them going).

Its the Villa way, always has been regardless of owner. The best players leave.

Yorke, Barry, Milner, Young............ This would hurt the most for me.

Andreas Weimann@andiweimann

The reports in the papers about rejecting the contract are not true ! I've always been happy here and talks are still ongoing !!

What a lad!!!

Tongue in cheek, (given that indications of someone staying usually results in them going).

Slightly ot but downing hurt the most, signing and pay him when his injured for 6 months, get him back into the England team playing the best football of his career, saying he would sign a new deal if we got relegated to handing in a transfer request next day. What a rocket polisher.

Possibly the best prospect to break through in the last 5-10 years, thats how highly i rate him. We need him signed whatever division we are in, because in 4-5 years his value will be much more than the few grand we are probably haggling over.

Seems our club is run by the day, rather than any long term thinking, and with very little football knowledge to boot.

What a lad!!!

Yeah, it does hurt, but I wouldn't put Weimann in the same category as those players yet. He's not really established himself at the moment, which for now will work in our favour.

Wait a minute, didn't I see a link to the mirror after that little article? I thought they were on of the less believable papers in England. Are we suddenly taking all they write as gospel? Or has this been reported elsewhere from more creditable sources?

People ignore that when there's a bit of controversy :)

Too true. :) And will probably never be a lesson learnt either.

What a lad!!!

Yeah, it does hurt, but I wouldn't put Weimann in the same category as those players yet. He's not really established himself at the moment, which for now will work in our favour.

I dont think hes anywhere near the level of any of those 4 yet, but I really believe this kid has the potential to be a real player. The only young lad whos ever come in and made a noticeable immediate impact. Albrighton you could argue but he came at a time with good players around him.

I remember Weimann coming on against - god I cant even remember of who it was now in the cup last year - Hereford?? Instanly looked head and shoulders above the rest. I know its only Hereford but he was very noticeable. Think he hit the bar in the last minute as well that would have won me about 150 quid.

Ive always liked him, and was the one player I would tell non villa fans to watch out for. Not because Id necessarily seen anything, but MM seemed more excited about him than anyone else, and I think so far he was very much right to have been.

For me, hes refreshing to watch. Looks like he actually cares. Not in some soppy way for the club but for the game and players like that dont exist much nowadays.

Hes the only one Im confident would give their all every game and I can forgive lack of skill for that.

I was a bit too young regarding Yorke, Barry Id prepared myself for because of the L/pool saga the year before, Milner Id prepared myself for, Young I was gutted, but this lad would make me feel like there is absolutely no point whatsoever.

What a lad!!!

Slightly ot but downing hurt the most, signing and pay him when his injured for 6 months, get him back into the England team playing the best football of his career, saying he would sign a new deal if we got relegated to handing in a transfer request next day. What a rocket polisher.

I wasnt too bothered about Downing tbh. Knew at the time we were ripping them off like there was no tomorrow. 

What a lad!!!

I wasnt too bothered about Downing tbh. Knew at the time we were ripping them off like there was no tomorrow. 

....and we did, but not as much as Newcastle did with carroll

I'd be devastated if this lad left. 

Thing is you can see it in the performances how much this club means to him. When he scores goals he goes mad.

and when we conceded the 2nd vs Arsenal last weekend, there was just a shot of him that showed how much he cared. I think he just slumped and put his head down right near the camera. This kiddo cares.

Â