Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I agree with this totally and agree with the folk that value Andi Weimann at 20-30m.

For me my agreement of it is based solely on the ignorance of the prices of other 'strikers' that are no better if not worse than weimann yet there clubs can get away with slapping these ridiculous valuation price tags on there pheads and getting them so why can't we do the same?

Andy Carrol was worth about 7-10m at Newc if that imo.. He was sold for 30m and I bet FMA is still laughing his head off at it now as I am!

Andi Weimann is a gem that is going to be irreplaceable for us in years to come. Already likely to scoop quite a few awards at the end of this season by the looks of things so those of you that would assume we would take the first 10m thrown at us and accept are foolish for doing so.

I would definately agree we should also slap a new contract with an improved wage and bonuses/incentives etc. in there in front of him (I would say a 5yr one as he is someone worthy of having one for that length).

I say 30m now, if he keeps playing the way he is playing, scoring more and more goals and improving more and more then a 5 yr contract and he accepts aong with potientally scooping many awards for league and club then you would surely be in the ignorant position to stick a 50m kings ransom on his head aswell.

You want premier league quality - you pay premier league prices! This guy has it all for me so for this type of player in the premier league the going rate is between 25-50m in this present day.

James Milner left us for 30m so it is not exactly unrealistic to say the least about Weimann's value.

(yes most are not worth the money they go for that is true and so why should we be bent over and be shafted in the arse on the first 10m that comes our way on such a potential asset).

English players go for massively inflated prices, just because they're English. Henderson/ Carroll/ Young/ Milner etc etc etc

There is no way that anyone would offer us £20m+ for Wiemann, unless he started scoring and contributing consistently like he has for a good few seasons.

English players go for massively inflated prices, just because they're English.

No they go for big money because they have Premier League experience, nothing to do with their nationality.

The fact is though that most youth players breaking through with proven Premier League experience also happen to be English for obvious reasons.

No they go for big money because they have Premier League experience, nothing to do with their nationality.

The fact is though that most youth players breaking through with proven Premier League experience also happen to be English for obvious reasons.

Yep.

If someone offered us 15m, I'd probably think long and hard about saying no.

I love him, but that's a lot of dosh.

We need goal scorers - why are you even thinking about selling? The only way we could replace Weimann is by spending at Darren Bent levels on another striker who is proven in the Premiership. Let's just keep the proven striker we have, who cost us pennies.

Another thing of interest that nobody has yet said: Weimann qualifies as a Home Grown player.

A Home Grown player is one whom "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday".

Weimann has been at the club since he was 16 so qualifies as home grown. This not only adds another £million on to his price tag to another Prem side (especially top 4) it is also another reason why we should keep him.

Edited to add: in Prem, Weimann has played 973 minutes, which is the equivalent of 11 starts. 4 goals in PL so far.

Andy Carroll PL stats for Newcastle:

08/09: 3 goals in 14.

10/11: 11 goals in 19.

Edited by Con

Talent and workrate are there. His technique and finishing are first class, but he needs to be scoring 15+ goals a season for at least a couple of seasons to value him at 25 million or more. People compare him to Carroll, but Carroll scored 12 goals in half a season, he scored around 30 the season before in the championship and was destroying defences almost single handedly for most of the 18 month period, the way Benteke has done for us a few times this season. Weimann has a way to go, but I won't bet against him bagging another 8+ goals this season and doing something similar next season, injuries permitting obviously.

jesus christ can people stop saying how much he is worth? technically he is worth $0, we didn't buy him as he came through the academy, we haven't publicly put a price tag on him, and no-one has put in a bid for him. Football players cannot be accurately priced, people using the logic of 35mil Carroll, what about comparing him to Michu? he's worth less than Michu.

I think he's a great talent and i am enjoying watching him play for villa, long may it continue. looks like he is happy playing, and getting along with all the other lads too so happy off the pitch, i'm not gonna worry about 2 years down the line because he is awesome and playing for us as it stands

I read a few comments in here recently along the lines of "what he lacks in ability he more than makes up for in effort/commitment" etc etc. "what he lacks in ability" ??? A large chunk of his goals are one-touch. The technique required to do that and for it to actually come off is immense. We've no-one else who can do that consistently. It suggests to me that his ability absolutely matches his commitment and then some.

There's a reason the big teams buy players with the ability to play one-touch football. It's because it's extremely difficult to defend against and it's why Andi is in a rich vein of form. Long may it continue. It appears to me that some of us don't know quality when it puts on a Villa shirt :) I can only assume those who think he lacks ability are actually confusing ability with flair. The lad has bags of ability, don't you worry.

Dude all of his goals for us have been one touch, which makes him all the more impressive.

Â