Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I don't know Trent, I imagine that PL would throw his toys out of the pram if Weimann was sold without his permission.

If sold against his wishes or without his knowledge sure.

I just suspect though in our position that he might see that as a fee worth accepting in order to use the money on other areas or on more players.

But their isn't an offer or even interest so it is all pie in the sky, he is our player thankfully and a joy to watch.

What's with his goal celebration and the jabbing fingers? What is he imitating - a machine gun? A bow & arrow?

Fast firing handguns? I don't know it looks cool whatever it is lol

If Jordan Henderson is worth £20 million, if Zaha is worth £10 million then I agree with Con, Andi Weimann is worth at least £20 million.

As always on VillaTalk there are too many Villa fans with a downer on all things Villa. TrentVilla's statement of: "If someone came in with a bid of £8m for Weimann I suspect we might accept it" strikes me as being dramatically negative for the sake of it. You have no idea what the Villa boardroom's plans or methods are at this moment in time.

Back to Weimann, he is one of the finest young talents in the Premier League,full stop. As is Benteke. We have the makings of something very special.

so happy he made it into the first team and is playing well. My old man isn't a villa fan, PNE unfortunately for him, but he came to watch Villa v Stoke last year with me and spent the match saying how much he liked him. Said he looked like a poor mans Wayne Rooney, which i don't mind tbh. Scored a cracking goal that game too which helped make him even more memorable

If Jordan Henderson is worth £20 million, if Zaha is worth £10 million then I agree with Con, Andi Weimann is worth at least £20 million.

That isn't exactly how the transfer market works you know but if you wish to agree with someone who values Weimann at £30+ and Bannan at £20+ that is up to you.

As always on VillaTalk there are too many Villa fans with a downer on all things Villa. TrentVilla's statement of: "If someone came in with a bid of £8m for Weimann I suspect we might accept it" strikes me as being dramatically negative for the sake of it. You have no idea what the Villa boardroom's plans or methods are at this moment in time.

Back to Weimann, he is one of the finest young talents in the Premier League,full stop. As is Benteke. We have the makings of something very special.

If you had actually read my post properly you would see it was far from having a downer on everything, I simply offered my view of a hypothetical outcome to what hope remains a hypothetical situation and frankly I don't much care how it strikes you, it is my opinion so please don't label me for expressing it. As for what the clubs plans or methods are no I don't know but I've a fairly good idea given the last 3 years and our track record of selling players when bids come in, I think it is fair enough to assume that should one come in for a player in the future it is likely to be considered or even accepted.

That isn't exactly how the transfer market works you know but if you wish to agree with someone who values Weimann at £30+ and Bannan at £20+ that is up to you.

I know you don't rate Bannan but he's probably worth more than 20 quid ;)

Edited by PieFacE

I think we'd have to be offered silly money to sell Weimann at the moment. He's not a world beater, but he's got the blueprint of the type of player we want to be encouraging at this club.

I don't think he's done quite enough to warrant the attention of the big clubs just yet either, so it's a moot hypothetical.

As for what the clubs plans or methods are no I don't know but I've a fairly good idea given the last 3 years and our track record of selling players when bids come in, I think it is fair enough to assume that should one come in for a player in the future it is likely to be considered or even accepted.

The track record I think you're referring to doesn't include very good, young impoving players who wanted to stay being sold for $8 million. It was well-established players at the peak of their value who made it clear they wanted to go and weren't about to sign a new contract. Big difference! While I don't think he's valued anywhere near $20 million I agree that it's pretty negative to suggest the club would be happy to sell him for $8-10 M.

If you had actually read my post properly you would see it was far from having a downer on everything, I simply offered my view of a hypothetical outcome to what hope remains a hypothetical situation and frankly I don't much care how it strikes you, it is my opinion so please don't label me for expressing it. As for what the clubs plans or methods are no I don't know but I've a fairly good idea given the last 3 years and our track record of selling players when bids come in, I think it is fair enough to assume that should one come in for a player in the future it is likely to be considered or even accepted.

I didn't refer to you as having a downer on everything. The part of my post addressed to your particular post simply pointed out that you know zilch about what is going on in the Villa Park boardroom - saying you "suspect they might accept" a bid is, in my humble opinion, a pretty vacuous and dramatically negative statement. We are clearly in a new era at Villa Park and no precedent has been set within the new strategy, so far, to give us a clue as to how Lerner and Lambert will tackle the selling of players - especially successful Academy lads. Sincere apologies if my viewpoint causes offence.

We are clearly in a new era at Villa Park and no precedent has been set within the new strategy, so far, to give us a clue as to how Lerner and Lambert will tackle the selling of players - especially successful Academy lads.

Yes we are but somehow I find it highly unlikely that we will be less willing to sell players in future than we have been in the past given that money is seemingly less readily available than in the past. I fail to see how it is any different if the players subject to bids have come through the academy or not.

Â