Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

What's baffling is that when he first broke through he seemed to hit the target with a large percentage of his shots and looked natural.

The last couple of season's he looks like he couldn't hit a barn door, best for everyone if he moves on IMO.

ASTON Villa forward Andreas Weimann is on Derby County's radar.

The 23-year-old has a year to run on his contract but appears to be out of favour at Villa.

His last start for the Premier League club was in the 3-1 defeat against Manchester United at Old Trafford on April 4.

The Austrian international was left out of the 18 on duty for the FA Cup Final against Arsenal at the weekend.

Rams chief executive Sam Rush has held initial discussions about the squad with new head coach, Paul Clement, who was appointed on Monday as successor to Steve McClaren.

New faces are expected to start arriving early next week ahead of the 2015-16 Championship campaign.

Former England striker Darren Bent is set to sign in a permanent deal and Derby are also closing in on a deal for Reading centre back Alex Pearce, I understand.

Bent hit 12 goals in 17 games (13 starts) during a loan spell from Villa last season and the 31-year-old is out of contract.

Pearce, a 26-year-old Republic of Ireland international, is also out of contract this summer and has yet to sign a new deal with Reading.

Clement will have the final say on signings and he might see Weimann's versatility as valuable in his squad.

Weimann can play up front or in a wide attacking role.

Derby's options in those areas have been reduced following the departure of Jamie Ward, Tom Ince and Jesse Lingard.

Ward was released at the end of the season while Ince and Lingard returned to their clubs, Hull City and Manchester United, following loan spells.

Derby are monitoring Ince's situation at Hull, as the Derby Telegraph reported last week.

Weimann has scored 24 goals in 129 appearances for Villa.

He hit four goals in 22 games in two different loan stints at Watford in 2011.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I have been quite supportive of andi on here but I will never forget that game v spurs earlier in November last year, 1-0 up, 12 minutes left ball breaks to him and all he has to do is hit the target, instead it goes high and wide, at that moment I thought "we will lose this now", and we did.

I don't think he is a bad player but probably needs a change himself.

£2million is a fair price.

• Like 1

I really like him and he's given us everything every time he put on the shirt, can't ask for more than that. 

Played centrally in his best position he will get goals with decent service.

He's been absolutely shite for the last 2 seasons however i'll admit to being one of the fans who raved about him in the second half of Lambert's first season.

Got his name on the back of a shirt which I can never wear now due to him being so comically poor

Â