Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Im sill no sure what delph role is .. Is he an attacking creative player? or a box to box? or a defensive aanchor man type role?

have to agree with zatman... signing a player that hadn't even proved he could do it in he championship, let alone the prem..was a big risk.. Which has not worked out so far.. because of his injuries.. i mean hes not a big guy.. so when he goes into any tackles, he will be more likely be worse of because his bones dont look to strong.

• 1 month later...

I think he is easily Premier League quality. I think his 'enthusiastic' style of play has hampered his development because his slight frame means he has been injured more than he needed to be. I think if anything he has been trying too hard. That's a coaching thing (gulp). I think he has more than enough about him once he finds a tempo that suits him. He has shown on occasion (Fiorentina) that he can do it all in midfield. He can be box to box or attacking or defensive.

I think he is easily Premier League quality. I think his 'enthusiastic' style of play has hampered his development because his slight frame means he has been injured more than he needed to be. I think if anything he has been trying too hard. That's a coaching thing (gulp). I think he has more than enough about him once he finds a tempo that suits him. He has shown on occasion (Fiorentina) that he can do it all in midfield. He can be box to box or attacking or defensive.

He had a decent game in a pre season friendly where fiorentina didn't turn up. a good game against man utd and he had a good game against brighton in the fa cup. the other 20 times he has played he has been awful. he can't tackle can't pass and generally can't control the football. i would get rid of him ASAP. he is also injury prone

I'm with you BOF, he's too young to write off just yet especially after the major injury he suffered. It takes at least 12 months to fully recover from a ruptured cruciate.

When we signed him, everyone thought we had the next superstar.

we can't question the $6m cos we all thought we had stolen him for that, hindsight is 20/20, and the permanent negativity around our club and player still yet to be proved.

I hope given a confidence boost he can still turn up to be a solid player.

But I did say that about Osbourne...

The way things are going Lee Hendrie will be playing in the middle of the park next season.

He had a decent game in a pre season friendly where fiorentina didn't turn up. a good game against man utd and he had a good game against brighton in the fa cup. the other 20 times he has played he has been awful. he can't tackle can't pass and generally can't control the football. i would get rid of him ASAP. he is also injury prone

I think we should stick with him for a little longer. He hasn't had an extended run in the team until this season, and to be fair to the lad he hasn't done well, but then you could say the same about the whole of the first team squad this season.

I would be against getting rid of any of our younger players at the moment, because under a different manager they may flourish, and I'm hoping we'll have a different manager for next season. One who can instill confidence and play players to their strengths.

I wouldn't keep him.. He plays where Gardner or Bannan would play. I wouldn't do anything to stifle their chances of first team football next year. I'd get rid as those two in less time have shown themselves to be far better than Delph. I also don't buy the excuse that it's because he hasn't had a solid run in the team, why is that? It's because he's always injured do people seriously want an injury prone player on our books? I know all players can get injured but he gets injured, comes back for 1-2 games and gets injured again, that would be fine if it was a basic minor pulled muscle but no he does his cruciate and shit like that.

Not Premiership Quality,, Championship more like.

So could come in handy next season ;-)

A few days ago we had turned a corner. Now we're going to be in the championship? Make up your mind man.

Lighten up sunshine

Banter

I suspect that we didn’t pay £7 million straight, but a fee and a series of add ons. A great deal of the criticism is done with hindsight; at the time the fact that we beat Man City (yes Man City) who had bid more to him seemed like we had pulled off a great deal.

Well he’s turned out to not be so great (in part through injury), but I don’t think he’s the real problem here. Sure we over paid, sure he hasn’t turned out so well, but he’s not even a 1/100th of why we are in this position...

I suspect that we didn’t pay £7 million straight, but a fee and a series of add ons. A great deal of the criticism is done with hindsight; at the time the fact that we beat Man City (yes Man City) who had bid more to him seemed like we had pulled off a great deal.

Well he’s turned out to not be so great (in part through injury), but I don’t think he’s the real problem here. Sure we over paid, sure he hasn’t turned out so well, but he’s not even a 1/100th of why we are in this position...

Was"ent he England under 21 at the time ?

Â