Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I really, really want to like Fabian Delph. I even got his name on the back of last season's away shirt. But he was poor last season, even before he got injured. He could hardly make a forward pass without it being intercepted.

You've hit the nail on the head - we all WANTED Delph to be good ....the exotic name, the YouTube clips, the story of us nicking him ahead of Utd

Sadly the reality none of us want to face is that he's not good enough

Thought he was MOTM against Blackburn? Think he had a strong start to the season last year, and hopefully Lambert will show as much faith as him as AM did then. But unlike him, I think he will be able to get a sustained run of form out of him as he won't inherently stifle his game.

dont think it got past 4 minutes of season was tripe everytime i saw him even vs Blackburn wehn Bannan outshone him after less time on pitch

Are you drunk today? Your posts are barely comprehensible.

If not, take time to proof read. It hurts my eyes when you don't.

Thanks.

I think Delph quite clearly has ability. He started to find his feet under Houlliers tutelage in my opinion and put in some occasional fine performances and looked to be a player on the right track in terms of development.

Last season was a disaster. But it was a disaster for many. So, clean slate, clean bill of health and why not another chance for them all. Including Delph, who I think could be quite the player.

I wanted Delph to succeed and not be what he is now, an expensive flop. We must not repeat the mistake made with Fonz. Keep waiting on the potential to be reality when it is quite obvious that the player is going to show no further improvement.

I wanted Delph to succeed and not be what he is now, an expensive flop. We must not repeat the mistake made with Fonz. Keep waiting on the potential to be reality when it is quite obvious that the player is going to show no further improvement.

Eh? How do you work that one out?

Delph and the Fonz (or Delph and Delf) are 22 and 21 respectively, both have shown real quality at times and, for one reason or another, just haven't spent enough time in the first team to get any consistent run of form.

They're both still very young, keep in mind that there are very few 21/22 year olds that are top players in the Prem, most don't come into their own until 23 or 24 and sometimes later than that, regardless of position.

If they were 24 and still not getting anywhere near the first team I'd say sack them off, as it is they have time on their sides, not a huge amount I admit but still more than enough to come good.

Cracking player? Christ, there were no excuses for some of his performances last season (when he was supposedly fully fit!)

To be fair you could count on one hand how many times last season any of our players had a good game. We were that woeful 95% of the season!

totally agree yet amongst all the dross on show he stood out as being particularly woeful - give him another chance but I expect him to do nothing - i really hope he proves me wrong!!

Eh? How do you work that one out?

Delph and the Fonz (or Delph and Delf) are 22 and 21 respectively, both have shown real quality at times and, for one reason or another, just haven't spent enough time in the first team to get any consistent run of form.

They're both still very young, keep in mind that there are very few 21/22 year olds that are top players in the Prem, most don't come into their own until 23 or 24 and sometimes later than that, regardless of position.

If they were 24 and still not getting anywhere near the first team I'd say sack them off, as it is they have time on their sides, not a huge amount I admit but still more than enough to come good.

There's a reason why Delph and Fonz haven't been in the first team much.

Â