Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

This cockup by MON? Is that rewritingb history to suit a particular viewpoint of blaming MON for everything?

Let's just look at the facts of the Delph signing shall we.

At the time he was recognised as the best young prospect outside of the top flight, linked with many clubs was in demand and also Man Citeh bid for him at the time. He was THE young player to have and considering that now people are saying that MONs transfer policy was wrong and we should have been signing this young and up an coming players who have a resale value I would say he fitted very much into that category of player. I mean you yourself has saiud this is the type we should be signing here yet now you use it as a stick with which to beat up the Sunderland manager

He signed and , as far as I recall, started brightly but then suffered a long term injury which I personally feel has totally stalled his career.

Has he developed as well as we would have liked? No

Is it "yet another cockup" that we can lay at the feet of the devil Oneill? No

I cant believe people are saying the lad is finished. These are the same people who are raving about Lichaj after having a half decent season at Leeds. Give him chance to get his fitness and confidence back and we will have a proper player on our hands. Ive seen him do the business for us before but a cruciate injury tends to put that back a fair bit.

Writing him off at this stage is madness (but typical of alot of Villa fans)

This cockup by MON? Is that rewritingb history to suit a particular viewpoint of blaming MON for everything?

Let's just look at the facts of the Delph signing shall we.

At the time he was recognised as the best young prospect outside of the top flight, linked with many clubs was in demand and also Man Citeh bid for him at the time. He was THE young player to have and considering that now people are saying that MONs transfer policy was wrong and we should have been signing this young and up an coming players who have a resale value I would say he fitted very much into that category of player. I mean you yourself has saiud this is the type we should be signing here yet now you use it as a stick with which to beat up the Sunderland manager

He signed and , as far as I recall, started brightly but then suffered a long term injury which I personally feel has totally stalled his career.

Has he developed as well as we would have liked? No

Is it "yet another cockup" that we can lay at the feet of the devil Oneill? No

Agreed and good post.

Altho in fairness to McLeish he did give Delph a run in the side this season and frankly did play crap.

Altho in fairness to McLeish he did give Delph a run in the side this season and frankly did play crap.

And in fairness again, you could say that about a lot of players that Mcleish has played this season.

I just wish I could work out the common denominator

And in fairness again, you could say that about a lot of players that Mcleish has played this season.

Subtle, but what about Gabby and Stephen Ireland? Would that be the same common denominator?

That being said, I agree with your post above about Delph and that the blame can't be laid at MON's feet.

Subtle, but what about Gabby and Stephen Ireland? Would that be the same common denominator?

That being said, I agree with your post above about Delph and that the blame can't be laid at MON's feet.

Yes there are exceptions , which is why I said "a lot" and not "all"

You cannot deride a manager for a signing you fully endorsed if he doesn't come good. I've always been mixed about the signing, I didn't see the potential at Leeds, I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it. Love it if he did though. Due to the injury situation I think we should give him more time.

Yes there are exceptions , which is why I said "a lot" and not "all"

Off topic I would say the players that have performed to a reasonable standard under Mcliesh as Given, Clark, Petrov, Ireland, Gabby, Keane and maybe Bent. The issue is the rest of the clowns.

On Topic, Delph needs games and confidence, you cant blame the signing, it was common sense that didnt work out.

• 2 weeks later...
Championship club Leeds' on-loan midfielder Fabian Delph has gone back to parent club Aston Villa for treatment on an ankle injury.

The 20-year-old, who returned to Elland Road at the end of last month, sustained the injury in the midweek defeat at Coventry.

Leeds caretaker-manager Neil Redfearn told the club's official website: "Fab will be out for Saturday. He's gone back to Villa to be assessed, but he's being monitored and we're hoping it will be a case of days.

"Fab's a good player. Against Bristol City and Brighton I thought he played well. He's a big influence and he'll be a big loss."

Delph's initial loan period is due to expire after the trip to Portsmouth on Saturday week. He has started in all five games for Leeds since returning to the club.

http://tinyurl.com/86vqs3m

Feel a bit for him

Watched highlights of his 1st time at Leeds the other day.

Reminded me that there he was an attacking goal scoring midfielder. Not the defensive enforcer we have tried to turn him into.

Playing out of position and the major injury have meant he hasn't shown his talent.

Of course he has to take some personal responsibility for that too. He has been largely poor this season or below average anyway.

Just not sure we are helping him by asking him to play out of position in a really tough league.

I still think he could have a future here. But he needs to play in the attacking role we know he can.

When Keane leaves, if Ireland is put back into the attacking-mid role, Delph would be decent backup in that position, imo.

guy is always injured. if someone bid 6m i would sell to be honest. hasnt shown much to me

If someone bid £1m I'd sell. He isn't going to be anything special, we want the wage bill down.

Get rid.

The thing with Delph is a lot of people claim that if he was played as an attacking player he would be ten times better. From what I have seen moving him further up the pitch would not change his terrible control, wayward passing and lunging tackles.

An expensive gamble that didn't pay off. £2m+ and I'd sell.

Â