Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

We really are laughable at times, we speak about buying over the hill has beens on high wages (which we have) and covet bringing in young promising players (like Delph) and then cannot wait to rip into them.

This kid is talented, he has been misused, abused and ruined by three successive Villa managers. If this kid had gone to Wigan, or Swansea, we would be casting envious eyes at him. Some teams can put these players in and stick by them as they develop and make their mistakes. At VP, we are like the Sun, we set them up for the fall.

I watched this kid run the game against Fiorentina on his debut, the talent was (and maybe still is) there. We just used it poorly.

Great post. Given his cruciate injury, it's far too early to write him off.

Running the show in a one off pre season friendly and performing week in week out in the premier league are miles apart :lol:

I would argue that since that game, you can count the number of times he has actually played in his rightful position on the fingers of one hand.

If I was Villa manager, one of the first things I would do is tell Deph he is the future in centre mid alongside Gary Gardner. Now go and show me that week in week out.

I couldn't think of anything worse. Delph is terrible. The quicker he goes back to the lower leagues the better

He is not terrible at all, thats just being over the top. His form has been up and down, but he hasnt been helped by playing full back and then as a defensive midfielder.

Someone said Bannan has done more, I dont think so. Bannan is airey fairey and ignores the obvious pass to try and pull off some wonder ball. More often than not it fails.

Who's to say whether the likes of Delph/Bannan/Gardner are any good?

The manager we currently have could make Pele look shit.

Unfortunately AVFC is not a good club for youngsters to try and develop. Id love to say it is, but I cant see it.

FWIW, I thought Delph was a world beater when I first saw him, now I think he is terrible. But how is this so? Is it down the management or are they actually bad players?

I don't think he should be written of just yet. He was playing poorly earlier this season but i still think he's got the attributes to be a good player. Think he has more potential than bannan and would like to see him once we bring in an athletic ball winning DM

why shouldnt he be written off? Makoun was written off by yourself after a couple of games.

We paid big money for a midfielder that cant tackle or pass and looks like the 2nd division is his level

I don't think he should be written of just yet. He was playing poorly earlier this season but i still think he's got the attributes to be a good player. Think he has more potential than bannan and would like to see him once we bring in an athletic ball winning DM

why shouldnt he be written off? Makoun was written off by yourself after a couple of games.

We paid big money for a midfielder that cant tackle or pass and looks like the 2nd division is his level

Can tackle or pass, really? Do you watch much football these days?

Some people cannot have an in between, its either they are "worldclass" or "cant tackle or pass". Sometimes that varies from week to week.

As I said, we wasted this kid. You want to have a go at somebody, have a go a the club.

Some people cannot have an in between, its either they are "worldclass" or "cant tackle or pass". Sometimes that varies from week to week

no their is an inbetween but Delph actually cant tackle or pass the ball. His tackling is absolute woeful

I dont know how this guy gets so much stick when he is in and out the team and hardely plays enough to get himself settled...

Compare it too our captain Mr Petrov who has been ever present in our dire centre midfield this season and has done nothing except score a couple...

Some people cannot have an in between, its either they are "worldclass" or "cant tackle or pass". Sometimes that varies from week to week

no their is an inbetween but Delph actually cant tackle or pass the ball. His tackling is absolute woeful

I disagree, he is just leggy. As for poor tackling, it really held Paul Scholes back didnt it?

I dont know how this guy gets so much stick when he is in and out the team and hardely plays enough to get himself settled...

Compare it too our captain Mr Petrov who has been ever present in our dire centre midfield this season and has done nothing except score a couple...

Petrov is probably our player of the year, IMO.

Not sure thats a massive compliment though.

I disagree, he is just leggy. As for poor tackling, it really held Paul Scholes back didnt it?

are you comparing scholes to delph? Scholes was a world class player who could pick a pass with his eyes closed, Delph can barely control a football

Petrov has scored 4 this season so I'm not sure which two you have disregarded in counting his goals as a "couple"?

Just for the completeness, he has two assists as well.

Petrov has scored 4 this season so I'm not sure which two you have disregarded in counting his goals as a "couple"?

Just for the completeness, he has two assists as well.

2 assists in over 20 games :shock: Adeybayor got 4 assists in just one match the other day!!

Dont get me wrong im not mugging him off totally...Im just saying that this guy is meant to be our captain and has been one of the highest payed players in sqaud for some time...I think he hinders us more than helps us

2 assists in over 20 games :shock: Adeybayor got 4 assists in just one match the other day!!

Right, so we've now moved from comparing him with Delph to comparing him with Adebayor.

Just so long as I know where the goalposts have been moved to... :winkold:

Â