Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

To put this into perspective, Spurs paid Southampton 7Mil for Gareth Bale and we paid 8 Mill for Delph -_- .. Why buy an injury prone youngster.. did no one do any research into delph past to see if he was injury prone.. ohh well i guess thats the risk you take when you sign these young players. Who knows without injury he might have been a quality player.

To put this into perspective, Spurs paid Southampton 7Mil for Gareth Bale and we paid 8 Mill for Delph

Bale was also playing a higher division. Delph was a poor choice from start especially paying so much for 3rd division player. Leeds skinned us bigtime

Great so we paid a million more for a player that was playing in League 1 at the time. I just don't see the logic behind it.. I think know we should just concentrate on our own youth players and develop them.

I remember reading an article that stated that Delph was the best player in England outside of the Premier League a few months before we signed him. And for those complaining about the transfer fee, it is worth bearing in mind that there were several clubs in for him and monitoring him. At the time I think it was a good deal to make, but as with all young players, there is a risk-reward involved. It would have been very difficult to predict that his career would be hampered so much by injuries but it is worth bearing in mind that he is still very young, and if he can adapt his tackling style he's still got plenty of time to recapture that form he showed as a 17/18 year old.

As for now lets just ease up on the kid a bit, let him work hard and get back on the pitch and not try to saddle him with too many expectations. Its certainly not his fault that we paid such a large transfer fee to acquire him.

His tackling 'style' is the reason he gets the injuries and as such some of us did predict he would sooner or later cause himself problems. Even now after so long out with injury he still tackles the same way so personally I don't think that element of his game is ever going to change.

His tackling 'style' is the reason he gets the injuries and as such some of us did predict he would sooner or later cause himself problems. Even now after so long out with injury he still tackles the same way so personally I don't think that element of his game is ever going to change.

I understand your way of thinking Trent, i also remember MON giving an interview very soon after he signed where he pointed out that he had to adapt his tackling.

I guess I do agree with you BUT I'm assuming if he does continue to have a career it is because he will adapt, otherwise I too fear that his career will be very short lived.

I understand your way of thinking Trent, i also remember MON giving an interview very soon after he signed where he pointed out that he had to adapt his tackling.

Yes he did he mentioned it a couple of times both in terms of suspensions and injuries and he was right. Sadly Delph didn't learn in time and still doesn't appear to have learned despite his injury.

I guess I do agree with you BUT I'm assuming if he does continue to have a career it is because he will adapt, otherwise I too fear that his career will be very short lived.

I agree with your conclusion, I perhaps just don't share your optimism. If he hasn't changed after the injury he had then I'm not sure he will.

In the article I just read concerning Delph's injury, it had this pic at the top. Is that how he got injured? If so what the hell has that got to do with his style of tackling?

You are missing the point.

The injury I was talking about was the knee injury he sustained playing for us.

Since returning from that injury his tacking remains as wild as ever.

That picture has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Delph is still a talent in my eyes, and I agree with the people that said he needs to play in an attacking role. He was a big threat from the edge of the area when he played for Leeds, he isn't a midfield enforcer that can break up play and start an attack. He IS the attack.

You are missing the point.

The injury I was talking about was the knee injury he sustained playing for us.

Since returning from that injury his tacking remains as wild as ever.

That picture has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

But until he gets another injury as a direct result of going into a tackle your points a moot one.

]But until he gets another injury as a direct result of going into a tackle your points a moot one.

No you just don't agree with it which is fine but it certainly isn't a moot point.

He got a serious injury from being too reckless with his tackling, he hasn't learned from that and continues to tackle in the same way.

That is the point and sooner or later it will have an impact on him again, it doesn't need to have happened yet to be a valid point.

Delph was the brightest talent in that league, bale is an exception; stop the whining and rediculous comparasons.

6-8 for a 3rd division player with only a year professional experience, we are entitled to moan especially given current financial issues at club

Â