Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he is ahead of schedule in his battle against injury and for fitness.

From Mat Kendrick;

Fabian Delph, Ciaran Clark and Nathan Delfouneso could all be fit enough to return to contention this weekend. See today's Birmingham Mail

I'm happy he's back. He hasn't done much to prove himself in the last two seasons, but his bad luck with injuries hasn't helped his cause.

I really hope he can find the touch of class he had in his first 6 months at AVFC.

He cant be any worse than the invisible man Petrov

Why we insist on playing overpaid useless old men who perform once every 5 games whilst keeping potentially cracking young players out the team I will never know..

Why ever did we insit on playing our most consistent midfielder and club captain week in week out again? Remind me? :oops:

He cant be any worse than the invisible man Petrov

Why we insist on playing overpaid useless old men who perform once every 5 games whilst keeping potentially cracking young players out the team I will never know..

that's the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time.

Delph can't tackle, can't control the ball and is incapable of passing a ball 5 yards to a team mate.

People on here keep saying he ran the show against fiorentina which was a meaningless friendly and he had a good game against man utd.

He was shit in every other game so working on averages delph has a good game every 15 games.

He is utter drivel

• 1 month later...

Think next season if Delph doesn't step up we must sell imo.

We could get a decent fee from him from a championship club, wouldn't surprise me if Lambert sells him this transfer window but I guess he'd want to see him play first.

I actually forgot he played for us to be honest, does anyone know how he did at Leeds on his loan spell?

I was actually talking to my Leeds supporting friend the other day about Delph.

He said when he went back there on loan that he had totally changed from the player that broke through and that all he wanted to do was pick the ball up short of the back four then play it simply.

I personally think he's been massively mis-managed by all three of the Villa managers he has played under-for different reasons in each case.

I was actually talking to my Leeds supporting friend the other day about Delph.

He said when he went back there on loan that he had totally changed from the player that broke through and that all he wanted to do was pick the ball up short of the back four then play it simply.

I personally think he's been massively mis-managed by all three of the Villa managers he has played under-for different reasons in each case.

I am very dubious of this mismanaged theory with regards to players.

There is something that tells me the players that I most admire just get on with it....It strikes me that good players are generally good where ever they go.

The ones that are only good in certain circumstances and only play well with certain other players ...are limited in my book.

I know what you are saying and there has clearly been instances where players have played better with certain managers, but I'm not convinced about there overall worth/value.

Ps not convinced about Delph, never have been.

We signed Delph as an advanced midfielder who was scoring screamers regularly, a great passer of the ball already and could play on the wing, he dominated the Fiorentina game.

Now he plays much deeper and cant pass or shoot.

He has definitely been mismanaged and I think he'll be a big player for us this season. Im concinved we'll regret it in a few years if we sell him. I like Bannan but Delph is better than him. Still think in a couple of years Delph and Gardner in midfield infront of a proper DM could be fantastic

We signed Delph as an advanced midfielder who was scoring screamers regularly, a great passer of the ball already and could play on the wing, he dominated the Fiorentina game.

He has definitely been mismanaged and I think he'll be a big player for us this season. Im concinved we'll regret it in a few years if we sell him. I like Bannan but Delph is better than him. Still think in a couple of years Delph and Gardner in midfield infront of a proper DM could be fantastic

I wish I had your faith. I'm in the " don't tell me, show me, camp"

I have never seen the promise you and others talk about, but hey thats football.

I wish I had your faith. I'm in the " don't tell me, show me, camp"

I have never seen the promise you and others talk about, but hey thats football.

I have seen nothing from him. The previous poster said he regularly scored screamers? He scored one at Brighton and he has never been played as an advanced playmaker either :lol:

a nothing player for me, said it when he signed and hasnt done much to change my opinion
Aren't you the oracle then? You obviously knew a lot more than the Aston Villa and Man City scouts.

Â