Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I dont know how this guy gets so much stick when he is in and out the team and hardely plays enough to get himself settled...

Compare it too our captain Mr Petrov who has been ever present in our dire centre midfield this season and has done nothing except score a couple...

Petrov has scored 4 this season so I'm not sure which two you have disregarded in counting his goals as a "couple"?

Just for the completeness, he has two assists as well.

2 assists in over 20 games :shock: Adeybayor got 4 assists in just one match the other day!!

Dont get me wrong im not mugging him off totally...Im just saying that this guy is meant to be our captain and has been one of the highest payed players in sqaud for some time...I think he hinders us more than helps us

Just because he didn't like your team talks on your football manager save...

We really are laughable at times, we speak about buying over the hill has beens on high wages (which we have) and covet bringing in young promising players (like Delph) and then cannot wait to rip into them.

This kid is talented, he has been misused, abused and ruined by three successive Villa managers. If this kid had gone to Wigan, or Swansea, we would be casting envious eyes at him. Some teams can put these players in and stick by them as they develop and make their mistakes. At VP, we are like the Sun, we set them up for the fall.

I watched this kid run the game against Fiorentina on his debut, the talent was (and maybe still is) there. We just used it poorly.

My thoughts entirely, we can't have it both ways.

Petrov has been a very calming influence in the dressing room

How often do you attend the dressing room meetings?

I don't, Ash left his webcam running.

It's been acknowledged by many in the press that have an inside line to VP that Stan has been a positive influence holding things together during the managerial changes. See Stany Collymore's tweet about the time to worry is Petrov complains, not N'Zogbia. He's been a very loyal servant for the club and while he's no Iniesta, the abuse he gets on here is hugely ungrateful imo.

tbh scoring 4 goals as midfielder is pretty good, considering what AM tells his team to go and do.. Bent has only got 10/11

Erm only?? 19 goals in 40 games since his arrival is pretty good. In fact I can't think of a forward we've signed who has done better in a long, long time.

We really are laughable at times, we speak about buying over the hill has beens on high wages (which we have) and covet bringing in young promising players (like Delph) and then cannot wait to rip into them.

This kid is talented, he has been misused, abused and ruined by three successive Villa managers. If this kid had gone to Wigan, or Swansea, we would be casting envious eyes at him. Some teams can put these players in and stick by them as they develop and make their mistakes. At VP, we are like the Sun, we set them up for the fall.

I watched this kid run the game against Fiorentina on his debut, the talent was (and maybe still is) there. We just used it poorly.

Yep, agree with most of that. We also have to take into account that the lad has had his career put back almost 12 months as he was just getting into his stride, it has not exactly been ideal for him at VP

I dont know how this guy gets so much stick when he is in and out the team and hardely plays enough to get himself settled...

Compare it too our captain Mr Petrov who has been ever present in our dire centre midfield this season and has done nothing except score a couple...

Petrov has scored 4 this season so I'm not sure which two you have disregarded in counting his goals as a "couple"?

Just for the completeness, he has two assists as well.

2 assists in over 20 games :shock: Adeybayor got 4 assists in just one match the other day!!

Dont get me wrong im not mugging him off totally...Im just saying that this guy is meant to be our captain and has been one of the highest payed players in sqaud for some time...I think he hinders us more than helps us

Delph is not good enough to oust Petrov from the first XI. Petrov is an underrated player who has put in some excellent performances in his near-6 years at Villa. He does appear to tire in some games after 65-70 mins but that is not a reflection of poor ability.

Comparing either Delph or Petrov to Adebayor is completely pointless though, as Adebayor is neither a central midfielder or a Villa player.

Petrov has been a very calming influence in the dressing room as well as on the pitch, there's bigger problems in our midfield than Stan

Spot on. Petrov's one of our most important players. I'd hate to see him replaced by Delph. The latter has been nothing short of useless since he joined the club. In fact he's a liability.

Yep, agree with most of that. We also have to take into account that the lad has had his career put back almost 12 months as he was just getting into his stride, it has not exactly been ideal for him at VP

I just wonder due to the way Delph has been treated here and his subsequent loss of form, would that discourage other talented youngsters coming to the club?

I just wonder due to the way Delph has been treated here and his subsequent loss of form, would that discourage other talented youngsters coming to the club?

Oh yeah it's like he's been treated like a slave.

Oh dear :? Really hope he doesn't turn into a regular sicknote. His style of play certainly does lend itself to picking up knocks. He goes into tackles like a man twice his size. His contract situation (end of 14/15 season) means he still has time to get his career going at Villa Park. I just hope his body lets him.

Â