Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'm disappointed with Delph. I had high hopes for him a few years ago when he put in great performances against Blackburn/ Man Utd/ Fiorentina etc. But Today he looked poor. I hope it's a confidence issue, and he improves, but his first touch seems poor and he is still reckless in his tackling.

He was better in the 2nd half, but it was still a below-par performances.

Before the injury, I had high hopes Delph would become a top class footballer. Sadly, ever since i've seen nothing but extremes from him.

He literally goes from doing something top class to doing something you'd even laugh at during a Sunday league pub game.

He has no consistency at all.

It's sad, but I think those injuries have basically ruined him at this level.

If we were the type of club that had plenty of options in midfield, i'd consider loaning him to a championship side (send him to Coventry when we welcome Gardner back) just so he can get a run of games and get some confidence back

i thought he was one of our best players today along with petrov personally

We might as well have had two scarecrows in midfield today I thought.

Delph isn't good enough IMO, the amount of times he gives the ball away is frightening for a CM.

I didnt see the first half, but in the second half I thought Delph did a good job.

To me, I was more concerned with Bannan who seems to think his role is to link play between the defence and midfield at best and the defence and the full backs at worst. What a waste of a player, he never left the centre circle. At least Delph carried the ball and looked to be progressive.

If Bannan is not linking midfield with the forwards, not sure what the point of him is on the pitch. I have said this before, Bannan is a luxury player and would rather us work on Delph who has some talent.

His performace on saturday was one of the worst ever midfield performances I have ever seen by anybody for any team in the premier league.

I lost count of the number of times he managed to misplace a pass, he must of broke some kind of world record.

I'm starting to think he has some form of colour blindness because he seem totally incapable of spotting anybody in a claret and blue shirt. How he manged to stay on for so long god only knows.

McLueless and Grant obviously watch a different game because there is no way he should have appeared for the second half

Â