Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph is an ACM, that's where we need to play him

ATM Delph is a reserve standard player that's where we should play him!

Jenas and Bannan are both ahead of him in pecking order. However with McTurd at the helm who knows?

If you must insult McLeish with every post, can you not choose a different name - something a bit wittier? Your current choice does you no credit.

A few weeks ago people were adamant that he was a playmaker, perhaps seeing him repeatedly mislay passes have finally put that to death so he will now be an ACM. I think the lack of first touch(/inability to pass) will probably put that one to bed.

By the way last year he was our future DCM, and needed a chance to prove himself there. I find it hilarious how it keeps changing.

It seems far more likely he isn't any of those but a standard box-to-box midfielder. One who appears to lack the quality to make a mark at this level.

Ive also read on here somewhere that he is also a leftback and a winger,go figure.I think hes crap regardless of where you play him.The good news is O'neil will put a bid in for him and beye come January,wont he?

Certainly does'nt deserve a starting place. Its perplexing how AM could possibly choose to play the likes of Delph and Emile over Bannan, when the boy showed more talent in ten minutes than the other two have showed all season!

A few weeks ago people were adamant that he was a playmaker, perhaps seeing him repeatedly mislay passes have finally put that to death so he will now be an ACM. I think the lack of first touch(/inability to pass) will probably put that one to bed.

By the way last year he was our future DCM, and needed a chance to prove himself there. I find it hilarious how it keeps changing.

It seems far more likely he isn't any of those but a standard box-to-box midfielder. One who appears to lack the quality to make a mark at this level.

This. Bannan, Jenas, Gardner and even Ireland should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

I have no idea why AM keeps picking Delph and Heskey. Both are a waste of space. Delph could change and become better, yet I haven't seen much to suggest he will. Heskey is past it and adds nothing.

What Delph did have when he first came on the scene was an fantastic range of passing and the confidence to play without fear. In his first few games he spread the ball far and wide and he was a breath of fresh air in that he made these long passes - wait for it - forwards.

I don't know if its his injuries or simply the experience of working with Petrov et al but he now seems to be like a deer in the headlights when he has the ball, and if he is under any pressure at all he tends to fumble or give it away. That tells me he is lacking in confidence and is either afraid of being tackled or afraid of being berated/dropped/overlooked for not playing safely enough.

He needs time and games and I find it difficult to see the logic in them saying Gardner needs games out on loan because he had a bad injury and it not being the same for Delph, given that his injury was roughly the same at the same time.

Pretty good post that.

What we have is a square peg in a round hole, a gifted footballer in a team that doesnt actually want to play football. Put passers around this guy and he will dictate a midfield, at the moment, he is holding the ball too long waiting for someone, anyone, to move for him.

Delph is incapable of passing a ball to a team mate 5 yards away at the moment.

Reserves if where we need to play him or send him Doncaster where every other player seems to be going these days :lol:

Since when has our midfield got close enough to each other in space to play a 5 yard pass??

Petrov takes it on the half way line, either lays it square or passes it back so that Collins, Warnock, Dunne or Haddock can lump it forward to the only player running the channels...........Gabby. There is our passing and movement.

Am I the only one that thinks he had a good game last week? I thought him and Herd worked well together. He is a bit sloppy at times and looks naive, but it's been difficult for him since his injury. He had the bad injury, then he found himself in a struggling side with injuries all over the place and under severe pressure. This season has been the only run of games he's had since he came here and while I've never seen why a lot of people rated him so highly since the start, I think he could be a good PL player.

I'd like to see him, Herd and Jenas in the side today.

Understandable. But I think he was quite unfairly hyped up to be something out of the ordinary, which probably weighed heavy on him as well. Confidence does'nt seem as much of an issue as the ability to dominate his position on the pitch.

He COULD be a good PL player, no question, but you would expect more at this level rather than having to knock the rough edges off your 'starlets'. We don't need 'naive' or 'sloppy' at this juncture, we need stablility and ability to compete with the top flight. The Delph we are seeing atm is not showing anywhere near that kind of form.

Am I the only one that thinks he had a good game last week.

I amazed you think he had a good game, he was terrible. His passing was wayward to put it politely. He offeres nothing at all to the team

What Delph did have when he first came on the scene was an fantastic range of passing and the confidence to play without fear. In his first few games he spread the ball far and wide and he was a breath of fresh air in that he made these long passes - wait for it - forwards.

I don't know if its his injuries or simply the experience of working with Petrov et al but he now seems to be like a deer in the headlights when he has the ball, and if he is under any pressure at all he tends to fumble or give it away. That tells me he is lacking in confidence and is either afraid of being tackled or afraid of being berated/dropped/overlooked for not playing safely enough.

He needs time and games and I find it difficult to see the logic in them saying Gardner needs games out on loan because he had a bad injury and it not being the same for Delph, given that his injury was roughly the same at the same time.

Pretty good post that.

What we have is a square peg in a round hole, a gifted footballer in a team that doesnt actually want to play football. Put passers around this guy and he will dictate a midfield, at the moment, he is holding the ball too long waiting for someone, anyone, to move for him.

Funny Bannan and Petrov don't have that problem when they are on the ball. Our players must just go static; fixed in a state of awe at Delph's brilliance.

Petrov who plays sideways or backwards and Bannan who is so lightweight he only comes on when we are already beaten or everyone is knackered?

I like Bannan, but I am not going to get stuck into his lovefest as to me, he is a Stephen Ireland type player, a luxury which is why Delph starts ahead of him.

Petrov who plays sideways or backwards - also known as keeping posession. As opposed to Delph who never passes a ball because he can't even control it, followed by a reckless tackle and a yellow card. Petrov, Herd, Jenas and Bannan should all be starting in front of Delph. They offer something, I honestly don't see anything that Delph has in his game.

Petrov who plays sideways or backwards - also known as keeping posession. As opposed to Delph who never passes a ball because he can't even control it, followed by a reckless tackle and a yellow card. Petrov, Herd, Jenas and Bannan should all be starting in front of Delph. They offer something, I honestly don't see anything that Delph has in his game.

Keeping posession? He lays it back to the defence to hoof forward? Thats not keeping posession, its called passing the buck.

Take the blinkers off and see where Delph looks as soon as he has the ball, then look where Petrov looks. Its really not difficult to see.

I am not going to say Delph doesnt need work, but give me him over Petrov, Bannen, Herd everyday of the week as there is something to work with there from a coaching perspective.

Am I the only one that thinks he had a good game last week.

I amazed you think he had a good game, he was terrible. His passing was wayward to put it politely. He offeres nothing at all to the team

His passing was poor at times, but he played the position well. He was pretty good positionally and had plenty of energy, I'd take that performance over ANY of Petrovs performances. He gelled well with Herd, which is very important...there's no point having players playing together if they don't compliment each other. I was surprised to see how they played well as a pair, they seemed to be on each others wavelength.

Before I get 'Swansea are shit, anyone could look good against them', can i say Swansea are a good team at home and our CM hardly gave them anything defensively.

Keeping posession? He lays it back to the defence to hoof forward? Thats not keeping posession, its called passing the buck.

Take the blinkers off and see where Delph looks as soon as he has the ball, then look where Petrov looks. Its really not difficult to see.

I am not going to say Delph doesnt need work, but give me him over Petrov, Bannen, Herd everyday of the week as there is something to work with there from a coaching perspective.

Petrov also takes twice as long to do things that Delph does, it's not surprising Delph misplaces more passes. At least when Delph does misplace a pass he can get back in position instead of lumbering back.

This is a shit site. Always criticizing every player on the team. Even when Villa were doing really well, most of the team was utterly shit. Shut up and enjoy the game. It is just a game, so stop sucking the fun out of it and cheer the players as they enter the field and every time they touch the ball! Come on, bitches!

Â