Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

This is great news, let him get half a season under his belt and rediscover his touch. If he comes back and still doesn't produce, we'll know he isn't cut out for it.

This.

This is great news, let him get half a season under his belt and rediscover his touch. If he comes back and still doesn't produce, we'll know he isn't cut out for it.

Thats true, one thing that always impressed me when we signed him was he's assuredness on the ball and confidence to ping a ball, His massive injury's have robbed him of this, either that or we've managed to coach it out of him.

This is great news, let him get half a season under his belt and rediscover his touch.

Its his appalling passing that's the real problem :winkold:

we'll know he isn't cut out for it.

Don't we know that already? Our midfield has been abysmal this season and he still can't get into the side. At the start of the season I was hoping that he would come good this season and cement a place in the side. Instead it looks like he going backwards to a career in the championship. Maybe I'm being harsh but I haven't seen anything from him to show me that he'll be good enough for us.

This is great news, let him get half a season under his belt and rediscover his touch.

Its his appalling passing that's the real problem :winkold:

we'll know he isn't cut out for it.

Don't we know that already? Our midfield has been abysmal this season and he still can't get into the side. At the start of the season I was hoping that he would come good this season and cement a place in the side. Instead it looks like he going backwards to a career in the championship. Maybe I'm being harsh but I haven't seen anything from him to show me that he'll be good enough for us.

To be honest I'm worried that he isn't quite good enough but, following such a bad injury, I think it's only fair to give him time and allow him to get some competitive football again.

"I'm going to speak to Paul Faulkner (Villa's chief executive) to see where the club lies with it."

Why the **** is Faulkner deciding what players to keep?

Interesting.. maybe he'll ask Faulkner whether another player can come in if we loan Delph out another spurs reject or something.

I want us to try him on the left wing...

i think he could flourish there....plus it will take the pressure off him a bit in terms of losing the ball in key areas..

i thought that was where MON originally saw him playing and god knows why we have played him as a central midfielder...

he has never been calm enough in possession or strong enough for that position

Always thought the exact opposite in his first year, his confidence on the ball was why he was at CM, it's just like he forgot how to play when he came back from injury.

He was shite on the wing at Leeds.

Im glad he is off. another terrible expensive MON flop. hopefully this move is a loan deal with a view to a permanent deal. i think the championship is where he belongs. i doubt we would get much more than about £2m for him if that. Im amazed people think he has any potential. he is a midfielder who can't tackle can't pass and can't control a football. way out of his depth in the premier league.

I think there's a good player in there somewhere but I've rarely (if ever) seen him outperform Barry Bannan or Herd. On this basis, time to cut loose and concentrate on the players with a better chance of making it.

I think there's a good player in there somewhere but I've rarely (if ever) seen him outperform Barry Bannan or Herd. On this basis, time to cut loose and concentrate on the players with a better chance of making it.

You not think he's good enough to make an impact at this level mate?

I agree Shillzz. I really want him to succeed but the step looks too much.

We are very weak in Centre Mid so if he was going to make it he really should have stepped up by now. I know he was injured but before that he never really forced his way in. It is a shame because I love his attitude.

I was very impresses with him near the end of last season, and had high hopes for him this. I don't know what happened to him but he is absolute shit atm. His close control was his best asset, and now he can't even control even the most basic of passes, and his first touch is worse than Heskey's.

He had way more chances than Makoun (who gets massively criticized despite being quality)... and i cant remember many great games from Delph. He gets a free ride as hes young and english.

He is not Premier League standard.. not now.. maybe in 2-3 years.. but we cant wait that long to develop him.

Well yes we can wait - its whether he can. He is obviously owing something in training which he's not yet bringing to the first-team. He's hjad an unsuccessful run thus far but I wouldn't jettison him just yet. make the season's out, get another pre-season under his belt and then let's see next season.

He had way more chances than Makoun (who gets massively criticized despite being quality).

Makoun wouldn’t be criticised if he really was quality for Villa. A few dissenters, but most people would be singing his praises. The fact that most people don’t think he has been quality for Villa, would suggest that he might not be

The fact that most people don’t think he has been quality for Villa, would suggest that he might not be

Except thats not a fact is it. Looking through the Makoun thread id say the majority think hes a good player and we shoiuldnt have let him go. And they would be right.

Â