Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Not if his injuries have crocked him for good.

he's only had 2 serious injuries, i'm sure he'll bounce back

Only?

Some players never recover from one serious injury.

My dad had to retire from football because of damaging his knee and that was his one and only serious injury. Plenty of players have retired from little niggles reoccuring.

So hes crap because of his injury?Begs the question then,why the hell does he play?This bloke is in the same league as Hutton,and neither one looked good against what was basically a championship side today.

Sadly Delph had the potential to be a very good player. Its just unfortunate that his career has stumbled along since his injuries and may never pick back up.

Hutton on the other hand has always been awful.

Should be loaned for a short while to gain some confidence. Send him to a championship side where he will start and see how that goes. His form here has been poor and hasn't proven that he can bring anything to the club this season.

The people slating him on here are just demonstrating how little they know about football. He was much better yesterday, rash challenge at the start but was very good after that. He was robbed of the ball less than Herd was and helped support Gabby a lot with some nice tidy passes.

The people slating him on here just have a different opinion to my own He was much better yesterday, rash challenge at the start but was very good after that. He was robbed of the ball less than Herd was and helped support Gabby a lot with some nice tidy passes.

Fixed.

THought he looked good yesterday. Problem was that he was playing DM alongside another DM Herd. Which is fine when you have a Bannan/Jenas/Ireland in front of you who actually wants the ball and can play - i.e. NOT Heskey.

Think he offers a little more that Herd on the ball. Herd is a good solid tackler who wants to play the ball on when he it, from what i've seen he's not going to create anything (could be him just settling into the first team?)

On another note, we can say Herd/Delph/Banna are looking better, but to put things into perspective we played a Championship side yesterday, on a day when they were flat, and looked shite.

The one thing you can say about him is his confidence and willingness to get stuck in.

I personally think that he looks vulnerable coming from deep, purely because he likes to carry the ball. This results in him losing the ball and then he gets himself booked trying to win the bloody thing back half the time. As an AM he would be far more effective. Less time to dwell on the ball and has'nt got a bad shot on him either.

As is, he is inviting criticism by trying too hard and not doing the simple things.

I have to admit so far I've not really seen anything from the kid to explain why O'Neill was so happy to pay so much money to land him.

Plenty of people in the game seem to rate/rated him though including Danny Murphy who was singing his praises the other day for how he played against Fulham on the opening day. So there is clearly something there that others have seen.

The biggest problem for me though is that he has never been and will never be a defensive midfield player or holding midfield player and that is how he is being used at the moment. If we are going to see the best of him then I think he will need to be played in his more natural role.

Delph, Albrighton, Delfouneso... if they'd like to stick around on low wages, I think they could all be usefull squad players. He certainly doesnt look out of his depth, but I've yet to see anything from him that shows he warrants a starting place.

There is a player in there, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

I do think that Villa are getting to the point where we would be better off giving our kids their head and letting them have a go. The reserves have been excellent for the last few years and the players have grown up with each other. People like Delph would benefit from the additional responsiblity and I think the extra enthusiasm, pace and determination we would see would could make a difference.

------------------------Given-----------------------------

Lichaj............Clark............Dunne...............Baker.

----------------------Herd------------------------------

Albrighton-----Gardner-------Delph----------NZogbia

----------------------Gabby------------------------------

What the hell, better than watching the current dross.

I'm a big fan of Delph, but I thought he was pretty poor Yesterday.

Like others have said, I think we need to see him playing in a more advanced role to see him perform better.

He is good at running at opposition players, without worrying about having only the defence behind him.

I'd like to see Gardner playing alongside Petrov/ Herd, and then have Delph further forward.

Though, we have a lot of players that play in a similar position... Ireland, Bannan, Delph, Gardner & Jenas can all play in an attacking midfield role.

If they can all get experience, we might have a nice set of players to rotate. But it's going to be a tough task to get them all the game time and experience that they'll need.

The people slating him on here are just demonstrating how little they know about football. He was much better yesterday, rash challenge at the start but was very good after that. He was robbed of the ball less than Herd was and helped support Gabby a lot with some nice tidy passes.

So if someone's opinion differs to yours then they know very little about football?

I know all about Ashley Young but I was not aware of this boy Delph,

I was very impressed. He has a great personality, never lost a ball and always had an alternative.

I thought about this game earlier, but this was literally one of only 2/3 stand out performances as far as I am concerned.

Â