Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

he failed to hold onto possession for more than two seconds yesterday in fact i have never seen a player find more comedy ways to lose the ball in a villa shirt, much as i want him to succeed i would ship him out on loan sharpish and get Gary Gardener back or play Clark there.

Agree, regrettably.

He just doesnt have the close ball control required at this level, which is something that comes with confidence. When you're happy on the field, you tend to relax a bit more, which helps the ball stick to your feet. I get the impression that he's just far too tense, which means that every time he receives the ball it bounces about 2 yards off his foot.

He isn't good enough because he can't even do the basics. And a good player would be able to adapt to a different role, especially when it's in the same field.

Even frigging Heskey is doing better than him and he is playing way out of position more so than he is. And he's **** shit!

What is his natural position?

Either he's inredibly disceplined in his approach to the game, and nothing about the rest of his games would suggest that, or he has no natural desire to push higher up the pitch.

He was playing alongside Petrov who has played many a season sitting deep who needs a breather every now and then, if it was me in that midfielf regardless of what the manager had told me I'd see Petrov blowing out of his arse and suggest he gets a breather sitting deep while I pushed on. At no point in the game yesterday did I see Delph even contemplate pushing forward even with cover behind him.

If he truely is an attacking minded player then I'd expect Petrov and the manager to spend most of the game reigning him in and forcing him to stay deep. From what I've seen he seems happy in the defensive role.

Until he gets a run of games in his natural position, i dont see how anyone can actually say that he isnt good enough etc.

If you cant pass a ball 5 yards to your team mate then it doesnt matter where you play.

Delph is league 1 level and nothing more

His performace on saturday was one of the worst ever midfield performances I have ever seen by anybody for any team in the premier league.

Yeah he struggled to make an impression on me on saturday too.

His performace on saturday was one of the worst ever midfield performances I have ever seen by anybody for any team in the premier league.

Yeah he struggled to make an impression on me on saturday too.

The worst thing is McLeish leaves Bannan and Ireland out constantly and gives Delph chance after chance.

IMO Delph is getting worse with every game and showing no signs of improvement at all.

To top it all off we send Gary gardner out on loan with no clause to say we can recall him at any time.

We also have to pay Jenas's wages while he is injured due to a clause in that loan agreement. Paul faulkner really does have alot to answer for

I'm sorry but with Fabian Delph Ive ran out of excuses myself, theres a few people here with excuses for him, but c'mon he's had long enough now to show SOMETHING...his control is absolutely awful, he keeps passing to people that arent there n you cant even work out who he was trying to actually pass to.

I've kept telling myself for ages 'nah this guy is quality he'll improve soon' but it just doesnt happen & wont happen, the people in denial will realise soon, I really hope he does prove me n others wrong but I just dont think he will.

These players needed to be loaned out seasons ago (i know delph was injured). We have had seasons where they aint stood a chance of playing yet they have still sat on the bench, or in the squad.

We need CEO or a director of football who knows the game ffs, Randy learnt this lesson with the Browns.....or at least i though he did.

These small deicisions when lined up one after the other make us look like a bunch novices.

Delph needs to play at least a season to get any true guage of his ability, send him out on loan (with facility to call him back)

These players needed to be loaned out seasons ago (i know delph was injured). We have had seasons where they aint stood a chance of playing yet they have still sat on the bench, or in the squad.

We need CEO or a director of football who knows the game ffs, Randy learnt this lesson with the Browns.....or at least i though he did.

These small deicisions when lined up one after the other make us look like a bunch novices.

Delph needs to play at least a season to get any true guage of his ability, send him out on loan (with facility to call him back)

Surely it's the managers job to choose who goes on loan or not?

We send Delph out on loan, then how thin is our squad? we have Burke and Johnson on the bench? take Delph away and you're adding another youngster etc...? players like Delph need first team games for Aston Villa,. they are at that age now they have to be breaking into being regular or competing for regular spots.

He's had a chance this season, so far he hasn't been good enough. If he doesn't improve before end of season then personally I'd be thinking about moving him unless a new manager comes in and can get best out of him.

To top it all off we send Gary gardner out on loan with no clause to say we can recall him at any time.

Recall's aren't allowed on month long loans, them's the rules. I'm quite happy for Gardner to be at Coventry getting experience for a month during the current run of fixtures, I think it was the right thing to do. No point chucking the kid into the current games, it might have set him back some time

Recall's aren't allowed on month long loans, them's the rules. I'm quite happy for Gardner to be at Coventry getting experience for a month during the current run of fixtures, I think it was the right thing to do. No point chucking the kid into the current games, it might have set him back some time

If he is as good as everybody is saying he is he should play for us. And if Im totally honest could Gardner be any worse than Ireland, Delph or Heskey in midfield.

I though Gardner was on a season long loan?

I cant believe we have to pay Jenas' wages all season :(

He's back in a couple games, surely will feature soon?

I cant beleive the mistakes Eck has made with the midfield lads this year. Makoun and Gardner sent out.

Injury prone Jenas bough in who got injured!

Bannan and Ireland (who is superb in training apparently) constantly left out.

Delph who is just awful starting week in week out.

Heskey played in midfield.

Gabby put on the wing after him and Bent started looking good as a partnership.

When you look at all of the above no wonder the team is in a total shambles, he really has no idea who plays where and what the starting line up should be. Its embarrasing

Â