Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Who would be more effective in our midfield now with Petrov? Makoun all day long!

I've changed my mind on Delph. Thought he would turn out to be our midfield enforcer but i've seen nothing to support that view from his performances to date. If we could get rid now i'd do it either through straight transfer or a swap for someone else. Just not going to be good enough.

based on first touch, control, one touch passing and vision.

all stuff which delph seems to forget once he crosses the white line at the moment, and all stuff he has in spades. very frustrating player delph, needs to get his head right so he can play to his full potential. that's true of the squad as a whole at the moment though.

I thought he was looking very good in pre season and was thinking he was a shoe in for our side.. then for some reason our woeful manager sends him out on loan to bring in Jenas.

Delph is unfortunately not even close. The game just passes him by.. he has one or two nice tackles and passes.. but our midfield gets overrun.

Based on what? One game? What has the team lost without him?

Erm...have you seen the state of our midfield lately??

Yes and I don't see how a player who looked poor for most of his time here could have beedd anything more. We need either a good tough tackling box to box midfielder, which Makoun is not, or that creative spark that can take people, has a bit of spark and can light up matches, which makoun is not. What we already have is someone who can pass 2 yeards and then get the ball and pass aother two yards, and then be crap at tackling.

As i said, what exactly would makoun bring?

His passes go FORWARD. He puts intelligent through balls. He does it alot quicker.. one touch even.

Hes just Petrov 2.0.

The question you need to ask is.. who can we bring in NEXT to Makoun.

Yes and I don't see how a player who looked poor for most of his time here could have beedd anything more. We need either a good tough tackling box to box midfielder, which Makoun is not, or that creative spark that can take people, has a bit of spark and can light up matches, which makoun is not. What we already have is someone who can pass 2 yeards and then get the ball and pass aother two yards, and then be crap at tackling.

Intelligent one touch passing, closing down, tackling, somebody who wont hide from the ball, an out ball, somebody to collect the ball from defence and get things moving. Do i really need to continue?

Intelligent one touch passing, closing down, tackling, somebody who wont hide from the ball, an out ball, somebody to collect the ball from defence and get things moving. Do i really need to continue?

No, if that is the player Makoun is then get him back. However, the perfiormances on the pitch for us, and presumably for Olympiakos suggest that the player you are seeing is not the one in the flesh.

based on first touch, control, one touch passing and vision.

all stuff which delph seems to forget once he crosses the white line at the moment, and all stuff he has in spades. very frustrating player delph, needs to get his head right so he can play to his full potential. that's true of the squad as a whole at the moment though.

Spot on about Delph.

Looks like we are sending him out on loan too Leeds, could be a good idea

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2012/01/18/fabian-delph-lined-up-for-a-loan-move-to-leeds/

Says in the article we signed him for 8Mill, is this true? wow and he is 22 now, i honestly can't see him re paying that 8 mill. But you never know lets hope he fulfils his potential

I remember when we loaned out Crouch to Norwich, his confidence was shot he was written off. Admittedly he never made it here at Villa, but he went onto have a very decent career playing for Liverpool, Spurs and England. The jist of my point is that if this potential loan move can give Delph regular football and help reinvigorate Delph's fitness, confidence and touch then hopefully we can be the beneficiaries this time. He is still too young to write off in my opinion.

I don't want him to go on loan, I want him here fighting for a first team spot. I cannot fathom the benefit of a loan deal.

Saves us some money, builds up his confidence, gives him match fitness, helps rehabilitate his injury, shows other teams he can still play if he never makes it here, gives him regular games in a higher league (only ever been regular in League 1).

At this stage of his career if he isn't even good enough to be considered at least a valuable squad member in this team of ours and is being palmed off to free up wages for another the writing is very much on the wall for him. I don't see how taking a step back now is in any way positive for him.

If it frees up the wages to get another player in while giving Delph the chance to get some games under his belt and hopefully refind his form and confidence, I'd say it's a good idea.

Whilst I don't disagree with your point, I'd rather persevere with Delph than sign someone like Steven Davis who we have been linked with.

Â