Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's back in a couple games, surely will feature soon?

Tbh I think that was the point of the loan, to get him ready without destroying his confidence in a really bad run of fixtures

lets hope being at Coventry does not damage his confidence! i see they are stranded at the bottom of the championship!

There is a good player in there somewhere, but it has been lost this season. I would look at Gabby last season, who really seemed to have lost it as a player and was going backwards. This season with fitness on his side he has come back looking marvelous. There is more to Delph showing poor form than him being a rubbish player. I have seen with my own eyes him doing way better than he has done this season. I just hope he can get it back.

There is a good player in there somewhere, but it has been lost this season. I would look at Gabby last season, who really seemed to have lost it as a player and was going backwards. This season with fitness on his side he has come back looking marvelous. There is more to Delph showing poor form than him being a rubbish player. I have seen with my own eyes him doing way better than he has done this season. I just hope he can get it back.

This is why I would be loathed to see any of our youngster leave the club this season. Yes Delph is playing poorly, but so is the rest of the team around him. With a different manager at the helm, playing him and his team mates to their strengths and giving him confidence he may become the player we all hoped he would. I personally think his confidence has gone, misplaced passes and lack of control are sure signs of that.

I have seen with my own eyes him doing way better than he has done this season. I just hope he can get it back.

Was it in the Premier League though?

It must have been in league 1

There is a good player in there somewhere, but it has been lost this season. I would look at Gabby last season, who really seemed to have lost it as a player and was going backwards.

But previously Gabby had proven himself to be a good premiership striker, probably with over 100 appearances at this level and had improved year upon year. Delph has had less than 20 premiership starts and has never shown the form we would have expected from him.

• 4 weeks later...

When a good or promising player transforms into a crap player due to lack of confidence, usually there are still signs that the quality is in there somewhere waiting to be reawoken (I got that sense from Ireland, for example). You'll see a good touch here and there, fleeting glimpses of talent which are then cancelled out by bad decisions.

From what I saw of Delph while MON was still here, I had a lot of hope for him. He seemed to have assurance and great close control, plus a lot of determination. Since that knee injury of his, however, he's given nothing to base any more hope on. His touch is now terrible and his forward passing is shambolic. Defensively he offers little. Overall he's like a John Hogg with more dangerous, less effective tackling. In fact his tackling is worse than ever which sadly suggests he hasn't learnt anything since arriving here, and leaves a strong possibility he'll pick up another long injury.

A loan could be the best thing for him. I just don't think he has a role with us. Clark and even Herd (who I think is shaky) are better at DM, and the queue for attacking midfield positions is long enough for Delph not to deserve a look-in.

I want us to try him on the left wing...

i think he could flourish there....plus it will take the pressure off him a bit in terms of losing the ball in key areas..

i thought that was where MON originally saw him playing and god knows why we have played him as a central midfielder...

he has never been calm enough in possession or strong enough for that position

Quotes from Eck:

According to Alex McLeish, the Championship club have enquired about taking their former star Fabien Delph back to Elland Road on loan.

Delph hasn't been able to make much of an impression since his £6million move to Villa in 2009, and McLeish sounds quite happy to let him get some football. He said: "Fabian is one we might think about going out on loan.

"(Leeds manager) Simon Grayson did try to call me (about Delph) but I've not spoken to him yet. I think he spoke to (Villa coach) Kevin MacDonald so I'll get back in touch.

"I'm going to speak to Paul Faulkner (Villa's chief executive) to see where the club lies with it."

Why the **** is Faulkner deciding what players to keep?

Â