Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Opportunity for financial security...

Because his kids were on the breadline while he was at villa

Yeah clearly the 2 - 5 mill he probably had in his bank account already was not enough

Yes I agree with that. Think he should just shut up now. These footballers don't know there born. Kevin Beattie who was a great player, until his knees packed in lives off benefits now. Delph isn't fit to lace his boots. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Opportunity for financial security...

Because his kids were on the breadline while he was at villa

He was using food banks while at Villa.

True story. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

The stupid thing is, if he'd just kept his mouth shut or been honest this whole time, nobody would care.

In fact, the £8m he effectively handed us by signing that contract would be seen as a good thing.

• Like 2

But by doing that he would have to admit to being the lying snake in a grass word removed he is

He wouldn't have the balls to do such a thing

Edited by AshVilla

How would you feel if he went to the press and said 'I apologise' ? If he said he is sorry for the way it has worked out and that Villa is close to his heart and that he wishes it hasn't played out this way, however he just feels that this was the right career decision for him? 

Headline from The Mail on Sunday today "I did it for my kids":   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3174636/Fabian-Delph-says-family-forefront-decision-join-Manchester-City-midfielder-lifts-lid-Aston-Villa-exit.html

No you did it for yourself!

He does not have a lot to say about us does he?   

I always believed that it wasn't his own decision and that either his mother (known to be a mentor) or his wife, or both, nagged him into changing his mind.

Even though it is they who would want the extra Wag status and money, they would always couch the argument in terms of 'think about your children and family'.

Arguing for the benefit of a third party is a pretty unassailable position because the advocate can hide behind the pretence of selflessness, while accusing you of not loving your children, family etc.

When he made his statements about loyalty, it is possible that he actually meant exactly what he said.

So I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Â