Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

It was actually a chance for him say sorry to Villa fans for the way he handled it.  But no he said we are in the past.

I think this is spot on. No acknowledgement of what he did to fans, no remorse, no regret, no humility, no class.

I only pop into this thread when it gets active but I am done now, very happy with how the club are moving on without him.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

I won't hold the fact he wants more money for his kids against him. He's still a snake in the grass though.

Yeah, cos it's not as though they weren't already set for life based off of his career earnings so far....

But would you not rather die knowing that you've helped set up your kids as much as possible?

I won't hold the fact he wants more money for his kids against him. He's still a snake in the grass though.

Yeah, cos it's not as though they weren't already set for life based off of his career earnings so far....

It's all about status.

It's perfectly okay for the likes of us to turn up down the pub in the best that Primark can offer and shamelessly talk about our all-inclusive two weeks in Benidorm, but when Delph's missus turns up for an evening out with England wags and they are all better dressed, and they are flashing this week's watch, and talking shit about money, houses, private schools, and rubbing shoulders with A-listers, how's a woman supposed to hold her head up?

A bit more empathy, gentleman, please!

• Like 1

But would you not rather die knowing that you've helped set up your kids as much as possible?

His kids were; but maybe not his grandchildren?

I doubt he'd be top 5.

I personally do not blame him for moving for the money. If my son was in the same situation, I would have advised him to do the same.

What is annoying me is the way he talks about loyalty. Yes, it was decent to re-sign, in order to guarantee us our money back on him but that was all it was-He didn't re-sign out of loyalty, because if he had done, the release clause would have been a lot higher.

When he made his statement a few weeks back, he probably genuinely meant it-My concern is again, it was not based on loyalty, more the dilemma of weighing up the extra money against guaranteed playing time. Eventually, the money argument won. Finally, as others have said, he had the chance to apologise in the Sunday papers but chose to blank us.

I don't have the hatred for him that a lot do on here but he certainly hasn't handled things well at all.

• Like 1

He was either injured or really bad for a good portion of his Villa career too, and the club showed faith in him. One and a half good seasons out of ~5 and he's off, thanks Fab. Still remember him being completely unable to trap a ball to within a yard of him during McLeish's season.

He isn't even in the top 3 CM's I've seen leave Villa, Barry, Milner and Sid were all far better players than him.

for me he wasnt even as good as a player of Hitzlsperger

He isn't even in the top 3 CM's I've seen leave Villa, Barry, Milner and Sid were all far better players than him.

for me he wasnt even as good as a player of Hitzlsperger

IMO he was better than Hitz, not that that's anything to boast about.

Im not too sure, Hitzlsperger got 3 times as many goals, was a better passer and a better brain, I also imagine he got more assists. Delph had a better engine and thats it

• Like 1

Im not too sure, Hitzlsperger got 3 times as many goals, was a better passer and a better brain, I also imagine he got more assists. Delph had a better engine and thats it

And one of the two genuinely loves Villa to this day....

• Like 4

Â