Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If Delph left last week, he'd have been booed by villa fans twice next season. By leaving now, he's surely going to be hated by every set of fans in the country?! (Except Blues I guess...)

The only thing I can think is that Man City have offered a huge increase on their original offer. So at first he was like "umm, y'know what, I don't really want to leave so I'll stick it out". But now - coupled with Benteke going and no takeover - the new offer is just silly money that is too much to turn down.

Only what I heard on the radio, on the way home, but apparently not. Same terms as last week. 

says the man city source, they'll put as much spin on it as possible to try and dismiss the inevitable mercenary claims, really cant see it being a simple mid changing again, they must have offered him more 

If Delph left last week, he'd have been booed by villa fans twice next season. By leaving now, he's surely going to be hated by every set of fans in the country?! (Except Blues I guess...)

The only thing I can think is that Man City have offered a huge increase on their original offer. So at first he was like "umm, y'know what, I don't really want to leave so I'll stick it out". But now - coupled with Benteke going and no takeover - the new offer is just silly money that is too much to turn down.

Only what I heard on the radio, on the way home, but apparently not. Same terms as last week.

I heard that too but don't believe it. After seeing the money thrown at Sterling I suspect he/his agent has asked for an improved offer and now they've accepted

Last week I could understand his move. I was disappointed, but as with anything if you're one of the best at your profession then the motto is "you only have one career".

Now I think he's a tosspot.

Yep. One statement saying you love the club then trying to leave is one thing, doing it twice is another matter.

I can't believe it's just another 'change of heart' and he's leaving for the same terms he turned down.

There has either been a bust up or they have chucked even more filthy lucre at him.

'Will there ever be a rainbow'?

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

I love useless, you beautiful poet, you.

Shine on.

I think It's the title of Mr Burns biography from Simpsons. Just thought it expressed my feelings really well.

Hahahahahaha you get better with every post.

:crylaugh:

• Like 1

Edging off topic a little, but say he does play regularly, i can't help but think that a team with Sterling and Delph in will struggle to compete for the league. They're arguably top 4 standard, but not top of the league standard.

• Like 1

I urge all supporters of England to boo him if and when he ever plays for England again

make his life miserable when ever you can, his sort are whats ruining sport for me.

Something must have changed..

If there was any element of wanting to go, there was no need for the statement to say he loves the club and looking forward to the new season, etc..

You'd just keep quiet, or get your agent to say 'talks are ongoing but Fabien is currently concentrating on his contractual obligations with Aston Villa', that usual guff. Everyone expected him to go last week, so no-one would have been shocked now had we not had that 'reassurance'. Now he's changed his mind completely, he can't come out of this well. 

Sterling will be delighted though, talk about taking the heat off. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 3

First time round I hated Villa and how far we've sunk and half thanked Delph for giving us £8m when he could have left on a free. I would have had no problem with him and wished him luck despite being gutted. Saying he wanted to stay in January to help the cause and not sitting well with him leaving for free but leaving in the summer would all be fine.

But if it happens now, he's undone any goodwill. You simply can not backtrack that quickly and maintain any dignity. You automatically become a complete kn*b. He would be worse than Downing and Unsworth, less than a week between speaking to the fans directly and assuring them he was staying as club captain. 

I hate football.

Edging off topic a little, but say he does play regularly, i can't help but think that a team with Sterling and Delph in will struggle to compete for the league. They're arguably top 4 standard, but not top of the league standard.

arguably they are now battling with Arsenal and Liverpool for 3rd as Uniteds signings have been far better and they will be Chelsea's main threat next season ..assuming they sign some more defenders that is

• Like 1

If he'd gone last week I think we would have RELUCTANTLY accepted. He'd still be a complete pole for going but he would have got away without too much fuss.

Now, (if he goes) he's a turncoat. Plain and simple.

He will be public enemy number one as far as this club is concerned. Loyalty, pah. Looking forward to being captain, pah.

Fool me once etc...

• Like 2

said it last week and stand by it. IM not that arsed as he not even an average centre midfielder if look at stats

as for Delph if this is true he will look worse than Downing and for me he should just go **** himself over how he treated some fans 

He's now the lowest of the low. He'll need to look up to see a lizards belly.

If he's going to go, fine... But don't say you're not going anywhere then change your mind again.

word removed.

• Like 1

Well I posted a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't see Delph going, particularly to City, and as far as I could see it was the media whipping up a story. Clearly there was more to it than that but I was very happy to hear him put the "gossip" to bed.  ...so I'm shocked to see Delph having reportedly completed a medical with them.

In light of his comments, and assuming what SSN is selling is actually true I would expect him give us an explanation, which will be interesting.

To be completely honest and considering everything, I would be less surprised to hear that he was in Manchester having a medical as United had swooped in. Although perhaps the people with Delph at the clinic are known City reps?

Â