Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

11 July 2015

I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club.

Needed Karl to swoop in and say

6057d4f959df7f685e640e4a0ad3155e.jpg

• Like 1

Not that he will care, with his ten's of millions in the bank, but this BS debacle will stick with him his whole career, yeah but no but yeah but no delphy!

Edited by yayoboy

I know it's only a game, but how is he going to live with himself after this?

At least from his seat in the dugout he won't have to hear Martin Tyler bleat on about it for the next 4 years

He won't care, he'll be on more money, I don't care what the man city sources are leaking but there's not a **** chance he's signing for the same amount that he previously rejected, assuming he's spoke to Roy or someone in the England set up who no doubt told him it would actually help his England chances

I'm not sure he realises that it's not just villa fans that think he's a bellend, it's everyone, including a fair few city fans

• Like 1

11 July 2015

I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club.

54900992.jpg

• Like 4

Guys.

**** HIM.

We have lost much better players, even in recent times: Milner, Young, Downing, who all offered more in an attacking sense.

Barry was a huge loss, and Delph isn't half the player he is.

I posted in the Townsend thread that if it wasn't for the poor amount of players for England, he wouldn't be getting caps. It is the same for Delph.

Good, but never great.

ONWARDS!!!

Yes, but ever since all three left, we have gone downhill rapidly. We're now losing our best two players, next year has a sense of inevitability IMO.

I wouldn't care that much but after the statement how many kids (or parents) have gone and spent hundreds of pounds for a t-shirt with his name on for that? You can bet that there's at least one kid out there somewhere whose parents don't have much money, whose had that as a birthday present. And for that reason alone he's a grade A word removed

City must have come back with an offer he couldn't refuse, probably quadrupled his wages. Unexpected bad news, the worst type.

Apparently it's the same deal offered last week.

Guys.

**** HIM.

We have lost much better players, even in recent times: Milner, Young, Downing, who all offered more in an attacking sense.

Barry was a huge loss, and Delph isn't half the player he is.

I posted in the Townsend thread that if it wasn't for the poor amount of players for England, he wouldn't be getting caps. It is the same for Delph.

Good, but never great.

ONWARDS!!!

Yes, but ever since all three left, we have gone downhill rapidly. We're now losing our best two players, next year has a sense of inevitability IMO.

We're in a better place when it comes to replacing them though. We have people on board who can find better players IMO. Even when it comes to replacing Benteke, I think we will find somebody who fits the team and doesn't have to suit a certain system.

I'm a negative nilly on here, but I have faith.

I didn't understand the hate when it looked like he was leaving and i don't understand it now.

He did us a favour signing a contract in January, it showed he was fully committed to getting us out of the shit we were and he certainly more than played his part in keeping the club up. Along the way he nearly got the club to the FA Cup final with key goals against Lpool and WBA and has now pocketed the club 8 million quid along the way which he didn't have to do.

Good luck to him, he deserves the chance to challenge for the title and ultimately to progress his career.

Go back to October time and a shitload of villa fans were saying he was shit anyway, they were allowed a u-turn so i dont begrudge him one. 

• Like 1

Losing delph is worse than benteke in my book. We can positively re-invest the benteke money and restrengthen...we can't strengthen our team with £8m and delph missing from it.

Delph was a top player in a crap team. He is very replaceable.

Edited by maqroll

Â