Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

But ultimately they were wrong about him leaving because he hasn't left.

Eh?

I really cba to argue with your logic.

They said he was going to sign for CIty and he didn't. So they was wrong about that. So then maybe it follows that they're wrong about him having a release clause.

I mean they said he was going to leave and he didn't leave. So they were wrong. Not sure what's so illogical about that.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Make no bones about it he was off. Medical was booked. Terms agreed. Villa staff briefed the media. Combination of abuse, second thoughts and conversations with his family changed his mind.

• Like 2

The £8m clause remains.

How do you know this? I'm not arguing about whether it does or not, but where was this confirmed? I've not seen anything credible saying that there is such a clause let alone how much the trigger value is. Lots of people are posting that this is a fact and I've not seen the evidence.

• Like 2

Eh?

They said he was going to sign for CIty and he didn't. So they was wrong about that. So then maybe it follows that they're wrong about him having a release clause.

I mean they said he was going to leave and he didn't leave. So they were wrong. Not sure what's so illogical about that.

lolwhat. He was going to man city so they was reporting he was going to man city. He then changed his mind (or city changed their mind) and said he wasnt going to mancity so they reported he wasnt going to mancity lol Theres nothing wrong about it.

the only way they could have been wrong is if they had a headline which says "DELPH SIGNS FOR MAN CITY". 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

Eh?

lolwhat. He was going to man city so they was reporting he was going to man city. He then changed his mind (or city changed their mind) and said he wasnt going to mancity so they reported he wasnt going to mancity lol Theres nothing wrong about it.

the only way they could have been wrong is if they had a headline which says "DELPH SIGNS FOR MAN CITY". 

Exactly.

I would like to know exactly what happened.

Best scenario; there was no contact or they triggered the release clause, and he turned them down. Major brownie points.

Otherwise, if he had spoken to them, or a medical had been arranged, the intention was there to leave, and no matter about him now staying, he was being disloyal.

And I am not interested in what Twitter and the media suggest happened, I would want it from a reliable source, preferably himself.

Make no bones about it he was off. Medical was booked. Terms agreed. Villa staff briefed the media. Combination of abuse, second thoughts and conversations with his family changed his mind.

How do you know for sure? Abuse from Villa fans?

So your telling me that the media got this whole Delph saga spot on? We don't actually know how close he was to joining City either.

As for the stuff about him changing his mind because of abuse that might be true but it's just something that was reported in the Mirror and then echoed by Howard Hodgson and so now a lot of people are taking it as gospel.

How do you know for sure? Abuse from Villa fans?

If it's true or not I can't be certain. But I've heard that indirectly from his agent. Also he spoke to an ex player the other day and said he was going to City. An ex player who's one his closest friends. I'm sure Trent might know more when he's back online.

Also given our staff informed the media that he was having his medical (as per Mat Kendricks tweet) , I would say he was off.

Also given our staff informed the media that he was having his medical (as per Mat Kendricks tweet) , I would say he was off.

It said no such thing.

Jesus I can't believe we are still rambling on about this, as has been said a multitude of times, HE WAS headed to Man City! Either the Midfield Messiahs HD video did such a number on some people, or there is a straight anti-media campaign on here! It's like the guy who's girlfriend is cheating on him blatantly and everyone knows it (Deep down he knows it too), but comes out with shit like "but I trust her, she told me she was loyal" etc. Her side man didn't turn out to be what she thought he would be so now she is ready to commit again, UNTIL the next time.

Either way he is staying, and i'm just as happy as the next man, we need to move on to other things, we are just going around in circles here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

I will believe all this when I see incontrovertible proof.

After what happened earlier in this saga, we should know not to jump to conclusions.

• Like 1

Can't we all just be happy he's staying? Who cares about the reasons, he's going to be lining up for us next season and that can only be a good thing 

• Like 3

Â