Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Think he's been foolish not to move to be honest, from what I can see he'd have Toure, Fernandinho & Fernando ahead of him, unlikely that Nasri (even though I think his best form at Arsenal was there), Silva, Sterling or Navas would play in the middle. For 60k a week more I'd have gambled that he would have got some game time there City's squad is lacking some serious depth at the moment. Midfielders they've lost the last 3 years include Milner (used woefully on the wing in my eyes would have been far better in the centre but I reckon he was bought for his passport more than anything), Barry, Rodwell.

Delph would have been bought for his passport too, and he knows it.

I doubt he'd be on 60k more, 40k more sounds closer. And he'd be at the mercy of Man City using their limitless budget to bring in a midfield superstar to take his place in the queue.

Money-wise it's a no-brainer, but it's a big, big risk football-wise, and who knows, maybe loyalty was even a small factor?

Skybet have suspended the market on Delph going to Man City. A City friend of mine says their forum has an ITK who says it's happening today. The price was 1-3 on him going to City when I checked a few minutes ago.

Skybet have suspended the market on Delph going to Man City. A City friend of mine says their forum has an ITK who says it's happening today. The price was 1-3 on him going to City when I checked a few minutes ago.

Don't be silly

Don't be silly

Merely reporting the facts. Betting is suspended now.

Don't be silly

Merely reporting the facts. Betting is suspended now.

They always suspend betting overnight...It must be overnight somewhere.

Edited by adw95
  • Like 1

Picture going around of him which allegedly depicts him walking into a building with people in suits. I have no idea how that would link to a transfer to City, but then again I have no idea what their training ground looks like. The guy has gone as far to say he'll be wearing 18 for them.

Edited by abdomlahor

Apparently, BS ITK's saying because he was promised we weren't selling Benteke. Not sure how we'd be able to promise that with a release clause in place.

Easy link to make AND it has been obvious since the end of the season Benteke could go , Delph even spoke about on duty with England and lastly how could the club guarantee Benteke not going when he has a release clause !!

Doesn't seem right at all but City fans were obviously putting money on. It was at 1/3 before suspension. It doesn't take that much money on to close a market these days so it could be people acting on a false rumour. It's not an overnight suspension.

Picture going around of him which allegedly depicts him walking into a building with people in suits. I have no idea how that would link to a transfer to City, but then again I have no idea what their training ground looks like. The guy has gone as far to say he'll be wearing 18 for them.

Is this it?

https://twitter.com/PurelyFootball/status/622015658285473794

Â