Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

What we do not yet know is why he stayed and it is a key point in terms of how Delph is revered IMHO.

Why?

I could not give a shit myself. You will likely never find out why. So it's best to make peace with it IMO.

Fine. But I whinged to the wife for 24 hours about him leaving, it was upsetting.

Then go apologise to your wife dude :)

• Like 1

What we do not yet know is why he stayed and it is a key point in terms of how Delph is revered IMHO.

Why?

I could not give a shit myself. You will likely never find out why. So it's best to make peace with it IMO.

Fine. But I whinged to the wife for 24 hours about him leaving, it was upsetting.

Then go apologise to your wife dude :)

That would be setting a precedent that she does not deserve.

I get the binary nature of football, delph stays therefore he is a saint, we win a game 1-0 therefore we are doing well etc etc. But Delph was taken off the marketing images, we announced Gueye (when we didn't need to) all because the club thought he was leaving. What we do not yet know is why he stayed and it is a key point in terms of how Delph is revered IMHO.

See what you did there with the binary scoreline.

• Like 1

I've been out all day. Found out about him staying from someone's phone during the day but that's it. Do we know why the sudden reversal (besides the Mat Kendrick tweet above)? Seems very strange that all the media would go with it only for him to announce he's staying.

Just saw an interview with Ashley Westwood in Portugal saying as far as any of the players were aware he was never going anywhere. He spoke with them yesterday and said he wasnt going anywhere.

Baker seems to think otherwise.

• Like 1

Some absolutely embarrassing posts in this thread. Glad to see mostly everyone acknowledging themselves :)

The moral of this story is abundantly clear - don't believe anything until you hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Long Live King Delph

Don't think anyone should be embarrassed by their posts, you can tell a lot of the stuff slating him for all manner of reasons was driven by the fact of feeling betrayed.

Hardly anyone had any doubt in their mind he was leaving, it upset a lot of people...and that's because they care.

Stupid to get so emotionally attached, maybe, but passion can consume some people - I don't think that's a bad thing, necessarily.

Just saw an interview with Ashley Westwood in Portugal saying as far as any of the players were aware he was never going anywhere. He spoke with them yesterday and said he wasnt going anywhere.

Also the Villa fan who spoke to him today.

https://twitter.com/Jbuckers/status/619968418704420865

It was all bollocks invented by the press who are now desperately trying to save face by inventing a "U-Turn". 

It was all bollocks invented by the press who are now desperately trying to save face by inventing a "U-Turn". 

Well that is just convenient.

Clearly isn't motivated by money (or more money) wants to play football and secure more playing time + international place for Euros. Still so effing happy that he's staying. Really promising and we can build now. Wonder how all this will affect Benteke - imagine if he stays and we build a team with these links - oh my lord. Stop it now Tom this is Villa - good things dont happen….

I've been out all day. Found out about him staying from someone's phone during the day but that's it. Do we know why the sudden reversal (besides the Mat Kendrick tweet above)? Seems very strange that all the media would go with it only for him to announce he's staying.

A conspiracy.

Right, I'm harping on, I get it. But there is no celebration in him staying. To think we can compete with CIteh is foolish. He was about to more than double his wages, he is not a brummie, why the heck did he not push that move through? It was horrible as a fan but completely understandable - why, why why?

A conspiracy.

What's the conspiracy?

A conspiracy.

As DDID said, I'd like to know what conspiracy?

The club removing him from the social media accounts briefly? The fact that it took so long for him, the Club, or Even Man City to come out with a denial? Now the dust has settled would you really expect him to be telling some random fan that he was on the way? If Amavi doesn't sign for us now, will it also have been a load of media made up bollox with nothing in it from the beginning? Sorry not buying it for a second, if anything I think it may now be damage control on the part of the player, AND Avfc itself.

I have no doubt that Randy flying over changed something, which may have boosted both him and Benteke staying as they were both removed from our promotional material, then put back on again.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

A conspiracy.

Useless suggested it was all a PR exercise by Villa. Well there was a 50/50 chance it was all planned by Villa I suppose.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

I just don't know what is going on. There was plenty of time between the very strong rumours he was leaving on Friday night, and this afternoon when Delph stated he was staying put. If it was a load of piffle then a early rebuttal this morning by Villa would have been on cards surely?

All in all it is good for Villa if our best players stay and Delph is one of them. Hopefully this will all settle down and we can concentrate on players coming in rather than out at Villa, along with the takeover.

• Like 1

A conspiracy.

Useless suggested it was all a PR exercise by Villa. Well there was a 50/50 chance it was all planned by Villa I suppose.

Doesn't really make much sense to me. What does the club gain from it? It's not like he's signed a new contract or anything.

• Like 1

A conspiracy.

Doesn't really make much sense to me. What does the club gain from it? It's not like he's signed a new contract or anything.

The club were powerless in all of this. Delph's contract last season helped the club massively, I think they will now also benefit from a show of faith, they certainly will not produce a HD video about his love for villa.

Â