Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

well well well, if what he says is true then 90% of villa fans (me included) need to eat humble pies, as we were slating him and the only thing we were listening to was the media. I will 100% sure buy a Villa shirt with Delph's name on it and we really, really need to make a song for this man, can't remember the last time a player has shown such loyalty and I am not only thinking about Villa players, but players for all (lower table) teams.

What a captain to have, someone that loves the club who did not support us before falling in love with us and to be honest, has no reason to love us.

• Like 2

I've been out all day. Found out about him staying from someone's phone during the day but that's it. Do we know why the sudden reversal (besides the Mat Kendrick tweet above)? Seems very strange that all the media would go with it only for him to announce he's staying.

A conspiracy.

As DDID said, I'd like to know what conspiracy?

'Seems very strange.'

And as we know, people who question on here have been told it's not a conspiracy (by you!) for months!

So as you keep on about people having a conspiracy theory, I just presumed you had one. Or is it just a buzz phrase for you?

The club certainly knows how to play media.

I'm pleased they do, although some would still claim the club hasn't got a clue in this respect.
I'm still not sure whether they do, I can't make up my mind whether this is planned and they are geniuses or so incompetent and just got lucky Delph changed his mind.
50/50 then

Just saw an interview with Ashley Westwood in Portugal saying as far as any of the players were aware he was never going anywhere. He spoke with them yesterday and said he wasnt going anywhere.

Also the Villa fan who spoke to him today.

https://twitter.com/Jbuckers/status/619968418704420865

It was all bollocks invented by the press who are now desperately trying to save face by inventing a "U-Turn".

The media making up a story...who'd of believed it?

I've been out all day. Found out about him staying from someone's phone during the day but that's it. Do we know why the sudden reversal (besides the Mat Kendrick tweet above)? Seems very strange that all the media would go with it only for him to announce he's staying.

A conspiracy.

'Seems very strange.'

And as we know, people who question on here have been told it's not a conspiracy (by you!) for months!

So as you keep on about people having a conspiracy theory, I just presumed you had one. Or is it just a buzz phrase for you?

Get over it - this is just sad now.

Since when does saying something is strange automatically mean I think there's a conspiracy?

A conspiracy.

Useless suggested it was all a PR exercise by Villa. Well there was a 50/50 chance it was all planned by Villa I suppose.

Doesn't really make much sense to me. What does the club gain from it? It's not like he's signed a new contract or anything.

The mood of the fanbase is probably pretty high right now, despite our overall situation not looking exactly briliant. This whole thing just gave me a bit of Déjà vu from when Benteke signed his contract. And anyway I only said that It wouldn't surprise me if it was pr stunt. The club certainly knows how to play media.

The mood isn't any better than before this whole thing happened.

Edited by Mantis

Anyone else thinking that Randy's guest on his flight to the USA and back could have been Delph, and he managed to change his mind?

I don't doubt for 1 second that Delph was actually wanted the move to Man City 2 days ago. Something changed his mind...

I don't think he actually flew to the states, he was flying between Olbia and Birmingham. Apparently he went back and forth several times. Would be nice to think he was taking Delph to meet the new owner, but that's probably too much wishful thinking.

I don't think he actually flew to the states, he was flying between Olbia and Birmingham. Apparently he went back and forth several times. Would be nice to think he was taking Delph to meet the new owner, but that's probably too much wishful thinking.

Seems he likes to go to Sardinia for a dip every summer, can't blame him either, it's gorgeous.

• Like 1

Actually yes it is. Besides I've pretty much single handedly disaproved the PR stunt theory, so it doesn't really matter now.

Wasn't it your theory?

Well I was the one who gave expression to it. Doesn't really matter now.

Actually yes it is. Besides I've pretty much single handedly disaproved the PR stunt theory, so it doesn't really matter now.

How is it? The mood was pretty good before a few days ago when it looked like Delph was going to be out of the door.

I think other people already beat you to it there - it's not as if it's a theory that takes much to disprove in the first place.

Anyone else thinking that Randy's guest on his flight to the USA and back could have been Delph, and he managed to change his mind?

I don't doubt for 1 second that Delph was actually wanted the move to Man City 2 days ago. Something changed his mind...

Don't think so, but I definitely think something has changed. Would we know if he's got a pay rise?

Edited by Mantis

How is it? The mood was pretty good before a few days ago when it looked like Delph was going to be out of the door.

I think other people already beat you to it there - it's not as if it's a theory that takes much to disprove in the first place.

No one beat me to it at all, other posters might have disagreed with my theory or even expressed incredulity, but no one disaproved it in the way I did. And I'm not sure why you'd say they did.

And of course there's more of a feel good factor amongst the fans now that Delph has confirmed he's staying.

Â