Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Can't we all just be happy he's staying? Who cares about the reasons, he's going to be lining up for us next season and that can only be a good thing 

I agree with this. There has been some right crap posted in this thread since he confirmed he is staying.

I got to be honest I really couldn't give two monkeys f**ks if he was ever going or why he is now staying. The bottom line, and all that matters, is that he is. Yesterday we were losing one of our best players for a third of his true value which would have been a huge kick in the bollocks.

We aren't blessed with many very good players so lets just all be thankful that one of the few who are is going to be here for a while longer. Whether he was or wasn't ever leaving or the reason why he is now staying are irrelevant.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

The £8m clause remains.

How do you know this? I'm not arguing about whether it does or not, but where was this confirmed? I've not seen anything credible saying that there is such a clause let alone how much the trigger value is. Lots of people are posting that this is a fact and I've not seen the evidence.

Exactly

So your telling me that the media got this whole Delph saga spot on? We don't actually know how close he was to joining City either.

As for the stuff about him changing his mind because of abuse that might be true but it's just something that was reported in the Mirror and then echoed by Howard Hodgson and so now a lot of people are taking it as gospel.

Gospel from two of the most unreliable sources about all matters Villa.

Make no bones about it he was off. Medical was booked. Terms agreed. Villa staff briefed the media. Combination of abuse, second thoughts and conversations with his family changed his mind.

I may be wrong but weren't you saying a few days ago you had spoken to Delph and he said he was saying?

The £8m clause remains.

How do you know this? I'm not arguing about whether it does or not, but where was this confirmed? I've not seen anything credible saying that there is such a clause let alone how much the trigger value is. Lots of people are posting that this is a fact and I've not seen the evidence.

Like the rest of the story I think we can put the release clause in the "invented bollocks" box.

I mean think about it, a clause that low and only the richest club comes in and activates it to talk with Fabian?

Really? How does that make any sense whatsoever?

That price is within reach of every premier league club and just one who needs a low price the least comes in and activates it? 

If it exists my guess is it would be a relegation clause , but its more likely just invented like the rest of the story.

• Like 2

Make no bones about it he was off. Medical was booked. Terms agreed. Villa staff briefed the media. Combination of abuse, second thoughts and conversations with his family changed his mind.

I may be wrong but weren't you saying a few days ago you had spoken to Delph and he said he was saying?

Yep. It was a few weeks ago though

Edited by omariqy

Ok lads I confess. I called him Saturday and said I think he should stay one more season. It would be good for this European Championship chances. Then after that he can move without being hated by Villa fans. He agreed I made sense and thanked me for the advice. We go way back.

Now let's put this to bed.

The Gaffer speaks:

Tim Sherwood has spoken of his delight at the commitment of Fabian Delph to the Villa cause - and insists the captain is integral to what he's trying to build at the club.

Delph has been a wanted man in the summer transfer window but the captain pledged his loyalty to the claret and blues by revealing his excitement at leading the team into the 2015/16 campaign.

The driving midfielder is a vital cog in Sherwood's set-up - a true leader on the pitch - and the boss is thrilled to be calling on the skipper ahead of what he hopes will be an improved term.

He told AVTV: "We are looking to build something here and we're looking to keep our best players.

"Fabian is certainly one of those. It's just an example of the measure of the guy really that he decided to stay - the loyalty he's shown to the fans, the football club and the chairman. And I'm delighted to have him here next season."

Sherwood revealed that Delph isn't due out in the Algarve because of his family commitments.

But he will be key for the upcoming term because he executes the manager's instructions to the letter out on the field of play.

Sherwood also spoke passionately about the importance of Delph last season as Villa battled for top-flight safety.

He added: "He stayed away from this trip because his wife is due their second child any moment. That's why he was always going to stay back.

"He had an opportunity to join Man City and he weighed up his options and decided to stay with us, which we're obviously all delighted about.

"Fabian is a leader. I could go as much as to say that if Fabian wasn't with us last season we wouldn't be in the Premier League now.

"He's someone I had the ear of. He was very instrumental in what I wanted to do. He knew exactly what I wanted from the team and he drove them on.

"It can't always come from the manager - the instructions - sometimes someone on the pitch needs to translate that information and Fabian certainly did that."

Snap up SEASON TICKETS for 2015/16.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4859294,00.html

• Like 3

Â