Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He really is overrated, would have no problem cashing in on him in the summer. Offers nothing and all ive seen him do today was set up a Leicester chance

Harsh. He won a lot of the ball today. I thought he was very energetic especially in the 2nd half. Some people are so harsh, they remember when a player loses the ball but never seem to remember when they win it back. Delph won the ball at least 3 times in the 2nd half when Leicester were essentially starting a counter attack. Such important challenges. Not saying he was brilliant today but he did put a shift in. He can certainly play a lot better though!

Agreed. Also a lot of people watch the ball, and pay most of their attention, if not all of it, to assists and goals or exciting looking runs forward. A lot of things get missed, simple passes that led to an assist, or made space, and work off the ball. I had a guy who used to play at a decent level tell me that football is ruined (not literally of course) for him now because he'll miss a goal watching everything else happening on the pitch!

Massively lacking in confidence.

I lost count of how many times he picked the ball up in 10 yards of space, and I was begging for him to just run at people.

Just wants to play the simple balls at the minute.

He's trying to dictate the tempo of the game which I don't think he is capable of. He just needs to use his energy and speed and make the runs at defenders and into space

Play the afro in midfield to do the defensive work and tell Delph to get forward and take people on. He needs to be further up the pitch to be at his most effective. Sitting on the halfway line trying to pick 50 yard passes isn't his strength.

• Like 1

Play the afro in midfield to do the defensive work and tell Delph to get forward and take people on. He needs to be further up the pitch to be at his most effective. Sitting on the halfway line trying to pick 50 yard passes isn't his strength.

I think Woody will have Delph playing in a more advanced position from now on. I did a double take when he had a free header in yhe box yesterday, how often have we seen him actually in the penalty area?

If he and Gil can form a good understanding, the goals should start flying in.

Lets hope.

If he puts in another display like yesterday then he needs dropping. He has been real bad in the last few games.

Don't agree, he can pick a pass from midfield which not many others can do. He will be fine just needs to play further up the pitch and can see this happening under Timmy

If he puts in another display like yesterday then he needs dropping. He has been real bad in the last few games.

Don't agree, he can pick a pass from midfield which not many others can do. He will be fine just needs to play further up the pitch and can see this happening under Timmy
I'm more than aware of how good he can be but in the past few games he has been terrible, also I've rarely seen him make a long pass and don't count expansive passing as one of his strengths.

He just needs to go back to what he's best at - running at other players with the ball at his feet. He's been far too stationary this season, barely moves once he receives the ball, spraying passes out wide. We've got other guys to do that. It's not Delph's strength. Back to the mazy dribbles, please.

• Like 2

Â