Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I've lost count of the number of good young players bought by the rich clubs to not get a game.

fair play to delph for staying loyal to villa :clap:

He's smart enough to know that if he moved to Spurs or Liverpool, he'd be on the bench half the time. He's finally healthy and enjoying his football, even though it's been a bit of a slog with this Villa side, but he knows he'll always start, so why not re-sign? I'm sure he's got a release clause if we get relegated, so he's done well for himself.

Watching Fab's interview on Soccer Saturday was really heart-warming. You could tell that what he was saying was 100% sincere and genuine. The lad comes across as very humble, content and appreciative of all the support he has received from the club. Its very refreshing in this day and age. I'm often quite cynical.....but not in this case! Hats off to our future captain!

Edited by westholmevillan

I really cannot understand the mentality behind the comments that Delph only signed for us because he knew he wouldn't get regular 1st team football elsewhere. Every player, at every level, from kids football upwards, wants to play at the highest level possible. A player of Delphs ability, who has recently broken into the England set will have massive confidence in his own ability. To suggest that he is staying here because of guaranteed football is a ridiculous notion. I would add, that Delph was quoted some time back that he wanted to commit to AVFC & this is exactly what he's done.

He would have made more money moving, so money is not a motive for re-signing either.

People need to give credit where its due and stop being so sceptical about everything.

• Like 1

Would it be possible that Delph had good intentions and loyalty, but maybe the thought of a starters role crossed his mind too and played a part in his decision? Makes full sense to me, and is perfectly ok.

I really cannot understand the mentality behind the comments that Delph only signed for us because he knew he wouldn't get regular 1st team football elsewhere. Every player, at every level, from kids football upwards, wants to play at the highest level possible. A player of Delphs ability, who has recently broken into the England set will have massive confidence in his own ability. To suggest that he is staying here because of guaranteed football is a ridiculous notion. I would add, that Delph was quoted some time back that he wanted to commit to AVFC & this is exactly what he's done.

He would have made more money moving, so money is not a motive for re-signing either.

People need to give credit where its due and stop being so sceptical about everything.

I don't think we will win the next game....sorry for being sceptical in advance. :mellow:

Think he's off in the summer. Think it was all a PR stunt to take the pressure off lambert and to obv get a fee. Didn't last long.

Was thinking about one of his comments today.

'Leaving villa for free just didn't sit well with me'.

He knew villa wanted him to stay, he said himself that he was always staying. So why even the thought of leaving for free? Leaving at all in fact?

Â