Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

For one of our best players, this guy doesn't half get some abuse from you guys. He's been nothing short of brilliant the last few seasons and he's just going through a bad patch of form at the moment, and is completely understandable after coming back from injury.

He has been far from brilliant. He is best of a bad bunch a very bad bunch. His goals, assists and yellow card stats are appalling and wouldnt be surprised if his tackling stats are quite poor

brilliant is Gareth Barry, James Milner or Ashley Young when they played here, he is miles from that level

• Like 3

All he's saying there is we're not going to get relegated.

And that he's so confident that he signed a new contract, which he wouldn't have done if he thought we'd go down.

I think people are interpreting it as him saying "oops, shouldn't have signed that contract because now we might go down"

That's not what he's saying.

• Like 3

I have posted this before, but how could he not think relegation was a possibility. Does not ring true. I had suggested that perhaps there were no other offers, or if there were, they were unwilling to match what we were willing to pay.

I personally think it is clear that this is what actually happened. 

I have posted this before, but how could he not think relegation was a possibility. Does not ring true. I had suggested that perhaps there were no other offers, or if there were, they were unwilling to match what we were willing to pay.

I personally think it is clear that this is what actually happened. 

I don't think that's clear at all.

If you don't think Delph could have let his contract run out and moved to a bigger club for free this summer then you're kidding yourself.

I wouldn't have been that bothered if he had of gone but I'm pleased that he chose to stay.

He's better than his recent form suggests but we need him to sort out what's happening on the pitch ASAP because so many player's in this squad are under performing and Sherwood will not have time to babysit player's who can't get their sh.. together.

He (and every player) needs to be told either perform like you want to be in the team or be prepared to watch someone else take your place. Under Lambert we have carried players but I don't think Sherwood will be so weak, England international or not.

Probably one of our most overrated players for me. Personally I've never rated him more than mediocre at all. What has he done for us exactly? 

Some good goals yes, but I believe he comes up with as many cock ups in equal measure, if not more.

How many goals we lost were due to him? Assisting the opponent? Giving the ball away cheaply for no reason and we concede? Found wanting and we concede? Numerous. Easily far outnumbers the goals and assists he has contributed for us. 

Today some are saying he was at fault for Stokes equaliser. Haven't noticed it yet but will have another look.

• Like 2

Hasn't play well for months imo, nowhere near the standard he was showing in 2013 or even the start of the season when he was playing well for us and England.

Dislocated shoulder seems to have taken a bit out of him.

Edited by VillaChris

Don't understand??? Liverpool wanted him? What role does he want to play here? Obviously he will stay in the prem if we go down, must have a clause in his contract. We need to see much much better from this guy. On form he could run the field of play, though we rarely see it.

He needs to calm down, trying to do too much and achieving nothing.

I'd put him left back for the Newcastle game.

He had a run there under MON and was OK, who remembers that pass down the line he hit!?

He can't be worse than Cissokho. Well he could, but it's unlikely. We NEED some attacking impetus from that area, we get the ball too much out there and do nothing with it.

Â